X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Ginger Snaps - Go Ahead And Have A Bite

This little Canadian made horror film is quite entertaining. It's about two sisters, who are reaching puberty (the curse and all that stuff)and who are outcasts because of their weirdness.Then one night while they are out, one of them is attacked by some kind of wild thing, and then the scary fun starts.
    This film reminded me of those early horror movies before Hitchcock's Psycho. The early ones were truly creepy, but after Psycho, everything became Slasher Flicks.
    This film was written and co-produced by women and you can tell. No man writer could ever get into the heads of these two sisters like a woman could.
    This is obviously low budget. The lighting and cinematography are somewhat wanting, and the color palete is a little strange, but probably shot that way on purpose for effect.
    It says 16:9 anamorphic on the back of the box, but my copy wasn't anamorphic,thus the picture was a little soft.It's also tricky in the menu to get the 16:9 ratio. Under set-up you choose the 5.1 DD and then choose return to film, but if you choose the return to Menu command, then hit PLay Movie from the Main Menu, the picture is 4:3. Nowhere on the jacket does it say the movie is available in both widescreen and P&S.
    Anyway, if you like a good scare and good writing, see this one.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"