X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

An early 60's R&R film worth seeing

It's Eddie and The Cruisers. It was released in 1983 and concerns an early 60's rock and roll group called Eddie and The Cruisers.The leader of the group disappears just at the height of the group's popularity. There was a car accident but his body was never found. A few years later there is renewed interest in the group and the rumor that there's some unreleased tapes of the group's early work is hidden somewhere starts a chain of events that will keep you glued to your seat.
    If you like 60's rock and roll, you'll like the music.It stars Michael Pare, Tom Berenger, and a few other recognizable faces including Ellen Barkin. The picture is the usual MGM fare, though anamorphic it is often soft. The sound track is pretty good.Good music, suspense, and an interesting ending I won't give away.
    Give it a spin. You won't be sorry.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You know, I've never seen either film. Something that has been on my to do list and never seems to get done.

I think I'll compile a list of movies that I need to watch and just go down the list!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

John,
      This one has sort of a cult following.I think people either loved it or hated it.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Markj
        • Aug 2000

This looks like a good rental. It's on my list!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"