X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hannibal - Not for the weak!

I had some reserves about seeing this one. I felt that I would miss Jodie Foster. I was wrong.

This movie best the original imo. Not taking anything from the "Lambs" but, Hannibal seemed to got that step further as a good movie should.

Superior acting, great story, and FX that would leave one in chills!!!

The transfer was good to great through out the disc. Sound was perfect (DTS track).

If you can stomach it, a must see for sure...I enjoyed it.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I saw this back when the dvd first came out and bought it. I did find the violence a little overdone. I mean,looking at someone's exposed brain while eating, ugh ! Still and all, it was quite engrossing, and as you say the picture and sound were superb.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

George, you have to admit...it was done with taste! Sorry...bad pun, bad pun!!! :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

"you have to admit it was done with taste"
        heh ! heh!

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I don't agree at all about Hannibal being better then the first...IMO what worked so well in the first one was that you really got into the mind of the characters, it was also more of a physiological thriller while Hannibal reverted back to gore which though pretty graphic even by today’s standards doesn't work as well in today’s desensitized world. The book works much better (as per the norm) but even it wasn't nearly as good as the first one. I do agree with the movies ending though over the books ending...just food for thought I would have prefered the movie let us into the minds of the charicters more (no pun intended)

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"