Dances with Wolves...I just saw it for the first time!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Dances with Wolves...I just saw it for the first time!

Pretty cool movie! Lots of good points on melding as a nation, Respect thy neighbor and Being true to your heart.

As good as it is as a film, I doubt that I would ever watch it again. It's just way too long for a second screening ! :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • Markj
    • Aug 2000

This is one of the few Kevin Costner films that I like, but like you I don’t think a second viewing is necessary. It was well acted and definitely worth a rent. The other Costner movie is Silverado, which is one of my favorite westerns.

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The only other two Costner films I've seen were, Waterworld (which I liked enough to buy) and 3000 Miles to Graceland, which I also liked but haven't purchased.

I have been meaning to watch Silverado, just have yet to do it.

It seems with most people it is very hit and miss with his films.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

I'm probably in the minority as far as Kevin Costner goes, but I have always liked his work--particularly his earlier work such as Silverado,Dances With Wolves, No Way Out,Fields Of Dreams,The Bodyguard, etc. But whether you like Costner or not, Silverado is a top notch film and is pretty much considered a classic western like The Wild Bunch. You not only must see this, John, you must own it because it has terrific rewatchability with excellent acting by actors such as Brian Dennehey,Kevin Kline and others.But be careful when you go to buy this as an early issue in dvd came out with a 1:85 aspect ratio. The theatrical was 2:35 and it was correctly re-released in the proper aspect ratio by the studio.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

I remember way before I knew anything about Pan & Scan, I saw this show at the theater and was in awe when they showed the vast range with all those buffalo. Later in time when I rented the VHS show I did not feel the same sence of awe, most in part due to my 27" set, and not that I know a bit better, P&S

Bing
          Bing

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"