X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markj
    • Aug 2000

Terminator SE

Watched Terminator this weekend got the new SE DVD of it. I found it to be a darker film than T2. Some of the special affects were great. The weakest special affect was after terminator walks out of the burning gas truck. It looks very jerky. But other than that it was well done. The story and acting are tops. I hadn’t seen this film before but knew Sarah would survive. I had seen T2. It still kept me on the edge of my seat. For a film that is almost 20 years old the sound and picture are excellent. Glad that I bought it.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I will buy this one soon simply because, it is a must have!

I really like the Terminator series. Although I do agree that like most older films, especially now with better video format, source and displays that are out, the old props/cgi really stands out!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I was debating whether or not to buy this as I already had it on widescreen laserdisc. But there's this great little sales guy where I buy my dvds and he put Terminator SE in with my pile even though I didn't order it. I'm glad he did, because both the sound and picture are so much better on dvd.
      Mark,I saw Terminator in the theater first before I saw Terminator 2, but id don't think it matters all that much. If you saw 2, as you said, you already knew Sarah survived. The fun for you now will be to go back and view them both again in chronological order.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Markj
        • Aug 2000

George, that’s exactly what I was thinking about doing. Both movies stand alone very well.

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

I was eagerly waiting for the re-mastered sound DVD. I remember renting this one on VHS and not being able to finish it just because of the mono track. This was when I just had my VCR connected to my stereo. OAR schmOAR, give me the 5.1. I guess I not a true movie buff, so be it I really enjoyed the new re-release!

Bing
          Bing

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Bing from what I've heard the new 5.1 mix for Terminator often sounds compressed and has some surround effects that don't sound to natural. I've yet to hear it for myself though so YMMV

Comment

• Bing Fung
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

Yeah, it may be all that Andrew, but I'll take it over Mono any day

Bing
              Bing

Comment

• P-Dub
                Office Moderator
                • Aug 2000

Bing's just not a mono kinda guy.
                Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

Well, any surround info at all, will be better than the mono rendition. Now, granted, it's shown as it originally was at the theater I suppose, but for home theater, the sound is truly lacking in the first one, though the film in general doesn't disappoint for the period. T2 is such a marked difference in audio from the original.

I hadn't made up my mind on getting this or not, but likely I will in the end.

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                  Doug
                  "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"