X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Mummy Returns

A big disappointment plotwise. But if you can take nonstop bing,bam,boom action, then you'll like this movie. I found it all a bit tiring - and the kid really annoyed the hell outta me- but there is a system-testing soundtrack, and a very good transfer to show off your system. If you liked the original, you may not like the sequel, but it's worth a rental to find out.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Markj
    • Aug 2000

For a mindless movie, I found MR to be quite fun. I think both Mummy movies are fun to watch. I have seen reviews that really criticize the film for all the plot holes but it didn’t seem to bad. I have to admit that I didn’t scrutinize the film just enjoyed it.

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I too was not as thrilled with this one. I thought the first film was great. I did not mind the holes in the plot of MR, but like George, the kid was a bit much, however, I thought that they really over did the romantic stuff. It just seemed like they were trying way too hard. And in an action film of this sort, I thought that it came off out of place most of the film.

Also (IMO), the last bit of CGI with the Rock, seemed quite cheap compared to other work in this and the prior film.

I will pick it up though when I see it for $10 at on the BB Pre-viewed shelf. :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Yeah guys, it's worth owning. Like Mark said, a little bit of mindless action doesn't hurt now and then.It's a good show-off title,too.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"