X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Big Trouble in Little China & Krull

I thought that I would pass along that, I watched both of these titles this week. I was surprised that both were given pristine treatment.

The transfer on each are as good as it can get with movies of this age. This is not to take away from them at all. They actully look better than some newer films!

BTILC even has a DTS track which sounds damn good!!! It also has a 4.1 DD track.

Krull has a 5.1 DD track that was done quite well. This DVD version brought to screen what the VHS tape could not.

If either of these films are your cup of tea, you will love what this format has done for them.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Hi,John-
    Neither of these titles is my cup of tea, but it is comforting to know that someone in Studioland thinks enough of these older titles to give them special picture and sound treatment.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

George,

I know that I have a pretty broad taste in movies and music. Kinda figured that few would/did enjoy either of these films. However, I am one of the strange that do so, just thought I'd give my 2 cents.

The biggest point though is as you've stated, the studio put in the time and money to do them right. For an older film(s), that I'm sure only have a small cult following, that's impressive!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"