Where are you Canadians buying your DVDs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wired
    • Sep 2000

Where are you Canadians buying your DVDs?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where are you Canadians buying your DVD movies? I used to buy everything from Canshop.com. They informed me that they will no longer have pre-orders. I dont understand why, and no reason given. I used to pre-order for month, and they would be delivered as they were released to my door, with a flat 5.00 shipping fee. I have not found anyone to come close to there pricing yet. Any help?

Bruce A

Bruce A
    Bruce A
  • Wired
    • Sep 2000

A copy of recent letter from Canshop:
    Dear Mr. Bruce Abar,

Thank you for contacting Canshop.com.

I have been notified by the Distribution Center that the Pre-order
    Catalogue will not be updated until further notice. This is an
    executive decision. Please check the site frequently as the new
    releases will be updated every Monday.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact
    us.

Thank You,

Customer Contact Centre
    Montague, P.E.I.
    feedback@canshop.com
    1-800-CANSHOP

Bruce A
    Bruce A

Comment

• Paul McGowan
      • Aug 2000

Come on Bruce, what about your buddy at A&B?? Even when I worked at Future Shop we had at least a LITTLE bit cheaper prices on DVD's... not much tho...

I buy mine mostly from Chapters when there's coupons available, and sometimes from Future Shop especially their weekly half price disk. This week it's Erin Brokovich at $14.49.

There is also a plug in available by a company called www.borderfree.com (BrentL can correct me on this one) that charges you a service fee for bypassing your disks through customs, at least I believe that's what they do... I haven't been able to install their plugin. Will maybe try Netscape instead.

Other than that, we're SOL. (and my suggestions aren't even that good!) *L*

Good luck!

In the meantime try www.goldfishlegs.com and Canadian DVD Talk

Notify Moderator
      Notify Moderator

Comment

• Wired
        • Sep 2000

Your right Paul, Len can only get me a small discount, they come out at good prices, but the store is a couply of hours away, and I do like them delivered to my door. Chapters is not bad, when you calcalate the shipping, Future shop seems to been the best so far, with there free shipping.

Bruce A
        Bruce A

Comment

• Wired
          • Sep 2000

I got the great new from Canshop today:
          Dear Mr. Bruce Abar ,

Thank you for your past interest in Canshop.com.

This is to inform you that as of Sept 19/00 , the management of Canshop.com has announced the closure of our DVD and Electronic Sales Division . This correspondence is to also inform you , that all outstanding orders or backorders have been cancelled . Please be assured that there has not , nor will there be any charges against your credit card . We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused . At this time we would also like to thank you for your past patronage .

Bruce A
          Bruce A

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"