X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Awww...Driven wasn't that bad

This film has been taking quite a pounding at the other HT sites so I was expecting the worse when I slapped it in the dvd player last night. For the life of me, I don't know why everyone is so down on this film.Yeah, some of the cgi was a little too obvious, but all in all I found it to be an entertaining piece with great sound and picture. Gad, some of the reds,yellows and blues were the best I have ever seen with my projector. As far as the story goes, it's not Grand Prix, but it wasn't as bad as others seem to think.I've certainly seen a lot worse.Don't get me wrong, this is pure Hollywood potboiler, but so were a lot of those 40s and 50s B movies that are cult titles today. What's wrong with a little mindless entertainment now and then? If you want to give your system a workout, this is a good title to reach for.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

I don't know George...this + Sly is a scary thought.
    Out of all of Stallone's movies there are very few I would actually own, or even liked...although he was excellent in Copland.
    I gotta wait to see this free on HBO.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Forget Sly, see it for the visuals. Don't wait for it on HBO, I'd suggest renting the title just so you can see this baby on your projection system.I kid you not, this film has a wonderous transfer that'll make your jaw drop.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"