X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YeeDude
    • Dec 2002

RLC 900/line conditioner questions

I'm am looking to buy either an RSX 1055 or RSP 1066 and a RMB 1075 within the next two months and noticed the RLC 900 on Rotel's website while looking around.

Let's skip past the "do line conditioners make a difference" question for now and assume (for argument's sake) that they do provide (audible) performance benefits.

My questions are as follows:

(1) Does anyone own/use the Rotel RLC-900? If so, are you happy with it?

(2) Are there other comparably priced units (i.e. Monster Power HTS2500, Panamax MAX 4300, MAX 5100) that I should consider instead? If so, why?

(3) I've read arguments for and against plugging a power amp into any of these products. Typical argument made against plugging into a conditioner is that it can't provide enough current for when the amp is pushing a dynamic peak load. What gives? I note, for example, that Rotel's RLC-900 has two outlets rated at a combined voltage of 1300W. Can I assume this will give the RMB 1075 more than enough "headroom" since the latter is only rated a 800W of power consumption?
  • Brent
    • Jan 2002

I have the RLC 900 and like it just fine. I have my RSP1066 a RB985 Mk1, 2 Ld players a Mini Disc player my DVD player a subwoofer and a RQ970Bx phono preamp all plugged in. I can't say what it does to the sound as I bought the RSP1066 the RLC900 and the 970BX at the same time and haven't bothered to do a comparison. I set my 1066 to standby mode when power is off via the remote and all components power down or up in sequence, with the poweramp being the last to startup and the first to shut down. As to other options I didn't really check into it as the 3 piece Rotel deal was too good/ h:

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"