X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

15 Minutes and The Mexican

The Mexican made me laugh my ass off, 15 Minutes threw me for a loop.

THE MEXICAN
    I'm not a Brad Pitt or a Julia Roberts fan, but they were hilarious in this movie.And that Italian fellow from The Sopranos, what an actor!We'll be seeing a lot more of this fellow.
    BTW, I rented this one because of what I said earlier, and though I enjoyed it, I doubt if I'd want to watch it again.

15 MINUTES
    For some reason or other, I was totally thrown off track by this film.I expected a comedic buddy movie and instead was treated to some wonderful acting and a very interesting story. Though it was a bit gory in places, it was necessary to the story.The guy that really got to me though was the shaved head killer. This guy is quite an actor.He seemed so wound up everytime he was on screen that he'd make my teeth clench waiting for something to explode. I understand he is a newcomer,too. I bought this one and will watch several times in the future.
    BTW, that scene where Deniro talks to himself in the mirror.Do you think the director intended that to be a takeoff on Deniro's Taxi Driver scene ?

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Yes! I too got the feeling this was a take off on Taxi Driver!
    Glad you liked this little gem, I too thought this was an excellent crime drama with excellent social comment.
    All the acting was top notch...even Kelsey Grammar played a perfect weasel of a media man.
    I especially enjoyed the scripting of Deniro's character, I was very surprised at where it went, I won't give it away, but if you've seen it, George you now what I mean.
    Even thought my HT is down right now I bought this and Enemy at the Gates the day they came out!

Haven't seen the Mexican, but from what I'm hearing I will.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Yeah, Kenny, I too was surprised where the Deniro character went scriptwise. Like I said earlier, this movie was not what I expected period.BTW, you'll like this one on your new system setup, believe me.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Let me also chime in and say that 15 mintues was well worth the purchase. I had expected a crime drama, but was expecting a slightly different storyline, I guess that's what happens when you rely on the trailers. I too was surprised as to the direction of the Deniro character.
        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"