X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue-Eyes
    • Dec 2002

Rotel amps

Hello,

I'm just new in Rotelcountry, and allready enjoyed it! But still have some questions, but first, excuses for my english! Try to speak dutch

Ok, my question. Within a few months i'll buy the pre amp 1066. Also do I need power amps. I've allready the 985mk2, but I still need a poweramp for my Fronts (JBL TI-5000).

What should I do? I could buy the 1080, the 1070, or 2 1050's for bridging. The last option, is that a good choice instead one 1080? Also a option is to buy one 1070, and later buy a second, and bridge them. What to do? I dont know, I dont read much about the 1050, but they are cheaper, but still lots of power!

Could someone give me some answers? Thanks allready!

Greetz from Holland

------------------------------------------------------
    Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!
  • Brent
    • Jan 2002

The 985 should be enough for 5 speakers, or are you going for 7.1? Or do you just want more power up front? If you are going for more power up front, my suggestion is to go for the 1080.

Comment

• Lee
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by blue-eyes
      Also a option is to buy one 1070, and later buy a second, and bridge them. What to do? I dont know, I dont read much about the 1050, but they are cheaper, but still lots of power!
      Good option, buy 1 1070 to power your speakers, and when you can buy another but Bi-AMP them, do not bridge them.

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Brent
        The 985 should be enough for 5 speakers, or are you going for 7.1? Or do you just want more power up front? If you are going for more power up front, my suggestion is to go for the 1080.
        I allready have 7.1, I use a denon 3802 as a pre-amp. And use the denon also as poweramp for the rear speakers.

I'm missing power, I have had the last days several poweramps for testing, mostly Brystons 3b, and it sounds wonderfull, but a little bit over my budget. And besides, I do think that looks are important, thats why I'm looking for Rotel poweramps, and alsso I allready have one. And I love the look of the Rotel 10 series!

Originally posted by Lee
        Good option, buy 1 1070 to power your speakers, and when you can buy another but Bi-AMP them, do not bridge them.
        I ment amping

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
          • Dec 2002

Hi,

My question was answered on a other forum. I decided to buy the 1070, and later on, a second one.

I have listened the amp for several ours, what a sound! Great, I'm very happy. I don't know other words for it to descripe the quality, but I can do in Dutch if you want :LOL:

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"