X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

We Need Action Here

I'd like to see more activity at DVD Director.But maybe everyone else is like me and haven't been watching many movies lately. I do know that releases have been less than exciting during July and early August,but titles like 15 Minutes, Enemy At The Gates,Hannibal, Memento,The Tailor Of Panama, etc., are all just around the corner. I hope there is some discussion here once these come out. One title I am really looking forward to is Eddie and The Cruisers, one of my all time favorites that I last saw on old vhs tape. I'll definitely have something to say about this one once I see it in widescreen again.I'm hoping the soundtrack is good because I always did like the music from this film.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to watch a DVD in three weeks!

Let us know what you think of the "Eddie and the Cruisers" DVD; I liked the original movie also. I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000

I haven't had the time to watch anything lately.

Last movie that I saw was the Collectors edition of From Dusk till Dawn. This was one freaky movie. Totally enjoyed it, plus it had alot of surround activity.

I was also able to listen to most of the commentary and it was very well done. Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino were great.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
      Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• KennyG
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2000

Jon??? I thought you took a couple weeks of vacation and were going to catch up on those DVDs?
        It is unfortunate but my HT has been down for 9 days (boo-hoo-hoo) so watching movies is of course come to a stop. I cannibalized my htpc to build my daughter's college computer, and sent the M-audio card from it to the guy who's building my new 1.4ghz HTPC...BUT, once my new HTPC arrives I'll be at it again! (at least another week)
        I have been keeping up with my disc buying, I picked up Chocolat, Enemy at the Gates (very good movie by the way) and 15 minutes (another very good movie)

Comment

• Susan
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I've been picking away at some strange stuff...in fact..George mentioning "Eddie and the Cruisers" is so wild..I just watched Michael Pare last night in a movie...I'll send in a note about it. Made me wonder if "Eddie..." was out on DVD yet...and then George posts....
          Susan
          humming the Twighlight Zone tune..do do do do

Comment

• KennyG
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2000

Eddie & the Cruisers comes out on 9/4...you have just entered, the Twilight Zone...

Comment

• JonMarsh
              Mad Max Moderator
              • Aug 2000

Hi Kenny,

Didn't catch up on DVD watching at ALL during vacation.

I spent most of my vacation chained up in ThomasW's family room measuring and tweaking subwoofers, and working on a design for a new 48L cabinet bookshelf speaker- expect something on the latter in DIY around mid-late September to Oct.

Thomas finished the construction of the Aerial Stryke sub (don't ask, don't tell, re name) and we did a lot of measurements and an EQ setup using his recently acquired Feedback destroy DSP EQ unit. Properly setup, the new cabinet sounds pretty nice, very smooth (once EQ'd) and lots of power handling and output down to about 18 Hz. Drawbacks are it's big, about the size of one of my X1 bass cabinets, and just as heavy, though not as big as an IB sub built into Tom's house! In mono mode, transistion sounded best at 80 Hz.

Last night was first night to watch a DVD in 3-4 weeks.

It sounds like you'll have a nice setup when everthing is all put back together, but a "forced" abstinence is always painful.

Best regards,

Jon

Earth First!
              M8ta
              Modula Neo DCC
              Modula MT XE
              Modula Xtreme
              Isiris
              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
              Minerva Monitor
              Calliope
              Ardent D

In Development...
              Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
              Obi-Wan
              Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
              Modula PWB
              Calliope CC Supreme
              Natalie P Ultra
              Natalie P Supreme
              Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
              Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• KennyG
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Sep 2000

excuse me...my eyes must be failing me...did you say a "48 liter bookshelf speaker", what kind of bookshelf will it fit on?

Comment

• Bing Fung
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Aug 2000

Kenny, Jon may be refering to Tom's Stryke sub. either that or they are use to very big books :E

I watch a lot of movies, but most are general fluff ones that don't really require a prospectus. What can I say, I'm easily entertained.

We need Patrick Sun to submit his reviews over here, his reviews are nothing short of articulate.

This guy can watch 2 movies at the theater, at a time. I think his record is 4 in one sitting.

Me, I just say , liked it, hated it...etc :B

Bing
                  Bing

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"