• Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

OMG 12 hour long Shrek DVD

12-hour 'Shrek' DVD on its way
    By JAM! Movies
    The big, green monster with the Scottish accent just got a whole lot bigger.

When DreamWorks' animated hit "Shrek" arrives on DVD, the movie's 90 minute running time will be expanded with a whopping 11 hours of extra material, Variety reports.

The double-disc set is set for a Nov. 2 release and will include 15 minutes of new animation created exclusively for the DVD edition, mostly for the package's animated interactive menus.

One of the animations will be a new scene, an expansion of "Shrek's" wedding (with Eddie Murphy's donkey character singing the Monkees' "I'm A Believer"). It was conceived and animated after the movie's theatrical opening. It will also be added to the VHS version, Variety said.

Along with commentaries and behind-the-scene footage, the disc will include a DVD-ROM option that will allow users to dub their own voices over the film's animated characters, replacing the work of Murphy, Mike Myers, and Cameron Diaz.

The set will also include 11 other computer games and outtakes, among them a computer glitch that made the donkey appear as a Chia Pet, Variety said.

The report said the volume of extra material being included on "Shrek" will be the biggest package of bonus material ever added to a DVD release, although Disney's triple-disc repackaging of "Fantasia" came close. That set compiled supplementary material for both the original "Fantasia," the sequel "Fantasia 2000", and a disc of material for "Fantasia" sequels that was proposed, developed and abandoned over the years.

The DVD is being priced to allow retailers in the U.S. to price "Shrek" at below $20, and DreamWorks has prepared a cross-promotional blitz teaming with Microsoft's Xbox gaming system, Nintendo, Baskin-Robbins, Phillips Electronics, and Kia.

Variety said the goal is to make the "Shrek" DVD the biggest release since the state-of-the-art video format was launched.

• P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Wow. :E I knew I was getting this DVD after I saw the movie, this is going to be huge.

However, I don't know if it will come close to that Star Wars flick coming out two weeks before.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

It should be interesting to see how the two films sell but I'm guessing both will sell a lot esp with christmas just round the corner from their release dates.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

This I gotta have.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

• KennyG
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2000

For me, it's almost a shame to waste all that extra material. I'll buy it, but rarely do I watch anything except deleted scenes.
          This is a wonderful movie! From start to finish, I couldn't stop grinnin'.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"