X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robbie
    • Aug 2000

Bad movie transfers

Why are studios putting out cheap DVDs with poor transfers. I recently went through the local Hastings and on impulse picked up some cheap DVDs "Funny Farm" OK transfer but P&S only and an old Brando flick (name eludes me) that had a poor video transfer and an even worse audio mix. Now for $6 I didn't expect a whole lot but please, the Brando pic was almost unwatchable. The sound wasn't mastered right, it all comes out the rear channels. Had to put it on stereo mode just to get the sound on the front channels (wish my system had a mono switch). They made no effort to improve the film at all. I noticed there was a slew of these budget movies and can assume they were all pretty much the same but can we at least have the orginal format. Why P&S? (at least put both formats on the disk) I know older movies were filmed in 4:3 so I don't have a problem with that but newer material should at least keep the original format.

OOPS didn't mean to vent just wanted to start some discussion.

Good watching

Robbie
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

MGM's pumpkinhead goes it this category, it's pan&scam...to bad, a great horror flick with a great monster.
    Universal's new invisible man has some problems, there are alot of artifacts in this movie, the transfer's not bad, but the film stock is, and it doesn't look like they've cleaned it up much.
    straw dogs also is a grainy, muddy mess.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"