X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Coming Attractions...

I'm going to start a list of "Rumors" about movies that'll be hitting the theaters.

Forbidden Planet (remake...why?)
    Planet of the Apes (again, why?)
    Pearl Harbor
    Spiderman
    Star Trek 10
    T3
    Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy 8)
    Lord of the Rings
    Queen of the Damned
    Sum of all Fears
    Fantastic 4

If you've got any post'em!!!
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Planet of the Apes (why?)
    Forget Charles Heston and Rodney, forget the silly monkey suits. The Vistor, with Tim Burton directing and Rick Heinrichs as production designer, is sure to be a hoot. Was the movie Sleepy Hollow a tired remake or a whole new fun ride?

T-3 wont make it out in 2001. Hopefully, it will be finished shooting by summers end though.
    Arnold fans will have Collateral Damage for 2001.

Comment

• P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Isn't Jurassic Park 3 coming out in the Summer of 2001?

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
      Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
        • Aug 2000

T3's not set to start filming until late '01 or early '02. All of the following is either already in production or already finished. From the list I scrubbed, here's what I think are the gems:

A.I. - Spielburg's adoption of Kubrick's ultimate project.

Atlantis - This one has a $120 million dollar budget, but is in production. Don't know a whole lot here.

Blade 2 - Blade allies himself with a group of vampires in order to destroy a genetically engineered race of new 'super' vampires.

Freddy vs. Jason - Need I say more.

Hannibal - Sir Anthony Hopkins returns to have lunch with an old friend. This time without Jody Foster. Also starring Julianne Moore, Gary Oldman, and Ray Liotta.

Jurassic Park III - Without Spielburg. Sam Neil rejoins the cast that includes Jeff Goldblum. Takes place on American shores.

The Mummy Returns - Imhotep returns to do battle with an Ancient Evil foe named the Scorpion King; with the winner wrecking havoc on the world. Brendan Frazier, Rachal Weisz, and the rest of cast are caught between the two powers.

Tomb Raider - Lara Croft, daughter of British aristocrat Lord Henshingly Croft, was born and raised to be part of British high society. But at the age of 21 on her way home from a skiing trip, her charter plane crashed deep in the heart of the Himalayas. For two weeks, Lara was forced to rely on her wits to stay alive in the hostile environment until her rescue. The incident had a profound effect on her. Disowned by her family, she has spent the last eight years travelling the globe exploring the tombs, temples and archaeological sites of ancient civilisations - funding her travels by writing her exploits and occassionally picking up certain 'items' of historical importance which certain people will pay a LOT of money for. A millenia before Hitler & Napoleon left their marks on Europe, and centuries before Ghengis Khan and his hordes swept across Asia, there was one man who conquered civilisations and whose name to this very day will long be remembered - Alexander the Great.

That's all for now. I just tried to touch on a few that wasn't on Kenny's list. Just wait for '02 when we get Star War - Episode II and The Matrix II. I'm sure there will be a few unknown gems between now and then.

Ken
        Ken

Comment

• KennyG
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2000

I'll go see anything by Tim Burton, and yes I did enjoy Sleepy Hollow...alot.
          A.I. and Hannibal should be excellent.

Comment

• KennyG
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2000

Just saw the trailer for the remake of "Bedazzeled" this looks very funny, and Elizabeth Hurley may be a stroke of genius as the Devil...I mean, hey, if you could be anyone, why not tempt men with lust!!!

Comment

• KennyG
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2000

Haven't seen a good medieval tale in a long time, I'm hoping the Dec 8th release of Dungeons & Dragons will remedy that!
              Men in Black is being penned as we speak, by Robert Gordon (galaxy quest)

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"