X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

13 Days Brought Back Scary Memories

I was a young man, living and working in London Ontario in 1962 when the 13 days actually took place. London is pretty close to Detroit and all of us in SW Ontario figured Detroit would be a missile target, so we were pretty much involved with the day to day events as they unfolded.

I always knew we came close to a nuclear war in 1962, but after watching this film, I was reminded of just how close we really came.And even though I knew how the movie ended, I was really drawn into the drama of it all again 39 years after it all took place.

There is some really good acting in this film. Costner seemed to be struggling with the Massachussets accent, but Bruce Greenwood and the actor ( whom I don't recall seeing before) who played Bobby Kennedy, both did fairly decent accents. Though the film is seen through Costner's (O'Donnell's)viewpoint, he really isn't front and center. That position is taken by Bruce Greenwood as JFK, and he does an excellent job of showing how much stress Kennedy was under during these 13 days.

I'd never want to live those days over again, but watching Costner and company do their thing is something I will watch again at a later date.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Saw this at the theater, I too enjoyed it enough to own.
    Well told Drama.
    I was young at the time (7) so I don't remember any of the tension of that episode in history.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"