X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Jurassic Park reissue???

I've been keeping an eye on the talk of the reissue of the DTS version of Jurassic Park.
    As most of you probably know, the original release left many people wondering what happened to the bottom end of the soundtrack.
    I too was alittle disappointed with the lack of low bass in the scene where the T-Rex is chasing the jeep.
    Today I came across one of the supposed reissues of this disc...Universal's stand is: there was nothing wrong with the first pressing...don't believe it!
    If in fact the one I just bought today is the correct mix of this ST, then the first issue was a screw-up, because they are very different in the low bass region.
    Tonight I watched the whole thing through, then went back and forth on the T-Rex scenes to check the differences.
    As I said before, they are different, the old ST is the more realistic of the two, as we're all aware, nothing in nature is going to create a 20 or 25hz frequency, and the old soundtrack rolls off in a much more realistic way. HOWEVER, the new ST is definitely more involving, when the T-Rex is stomping around you definitely know this is one bad-ass beast!!!
    So, the old one is more realistic, the new one has that WOW factor...which is the better ST???

By the way, if you want the new reissue here's how you tell them apart: The new issue will have "Jurassic Park (WS)(DTS)" printed on the top security tape...the () are around both WS & DTS, and the "Sony Playstation" compatiblity sticker is not on the front of this one.
    The old one does not have the ()'s.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

This is good information. I have the old version and will now likely replace it after reading your comments on the difference. Thanks.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Well, I replaced my Die Hard Trilogy today, but doubt I will jump on this bandwagon. Flick is just not one I would watch all that much really.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

What I can't believe you said that doug JP is to me what Star Wars is to most people 10 years older then I I can't wait to find a copy of the new release. FYI it seems that the best clues to a new release on the outside of the package is the double brakets as noted above and the lack of a Play station 2 sticker. Really though the only solid way to tell is that the new one will have D2R2 on the clear area of the centre of the DVD while the old one said D2R1 or something like that. OF course if you've got a DVD Rom drive then you can check out the file date. The new one is from November I think

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"