X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

DVD review

Yeah I know I could have put this in the Director area but this place had some cob webs

So whats the disc you ask well its none other then the Earthlight Special Edition from Alpha DVD (see link at bottom of site or click image)

Alpha has this to say about this disc

"Blast off on the Space Shuttle, and then settle back, relax, and enjoy the most spectacular views of the Earth selected from thousands of hours of NASA footage. The video is razor-sharp, the colors are brilliant, and Ryan Shore's original Dolby Digital instrumental music makes you feel like you're in heaven."

Now its my turn to add my comments. I knew when I first heard about Alpha that they had two discs that I thought would be very cool to get, one was Stargaze with the Hubble images and the other was of course the Earthlight disc. Well I can honeslty say that I wasn't dissapointed, the video images of the Earth are nothing short of amazing both in the quality of the images and also the sheer beauty of the Earth from space. The disc also contains a very nice classical music track (DD of course) that plays in the back ground that unlike other disc works very well with the on screen images...very peaceful.
    The DVD has some nice features that allows you to jump to various themes on the disc as well as a good selection of still images. Also included is a screen saver for your PC (haven't tried it yet though since I run SETI as my screen saver)

All in all if you've ever liked the IMAX space movies this is for you....best of all if you're very lucky you might even win one of these in the lotto area but IMO they are a great buy even at MRSP.

• Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Top!
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"