• Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Caught in a catch!

One of the all time great satires!

Catch-22

This movie combines a brilliant script (off what must be a brilliant book) excellent wit, and commentary on war, business running war (or perhaps the business of running war?), one guy's fear of death, and his last few seconds.
    With a cast like Martin Balsam, Bob Newhart, Anthony Perkins, Martian Sheen, John Voight, Orson Welles, Charles Grodin, Jack Gilford, and many more how could you go wrong?
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

This is an excellent film, Kenny, and is fairly true to the book. I've seen this film many times and plan to get the dvd as soon as it is available here.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

I forgot to mention, the transfer is very good! and enhanced, it has a new 5.1 soundtrack that is very clean, except for one spot...I made a mental note of it, but have now forgotten where it was...oh well, it lasts for about 20 seconds

Alittle edit here...it might be more like 10 seconds.

Comment

• KennyG
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2000

George, a question to you...do you think Jon Voight's character represents "the business of running a war" or "war is run by big business"???
        Perhaps it depends on how you feel when you watch it!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Yeah, I really think it depends on how you feel at
          the time you watch it. I haven't seen the film for awhile now and still haven't got my dvd, but I will pay a little more attention to Voight's character when I do. There's a lot of underlying currents running through this movie. It can really make you think. I'm just weondering what I'll get out of it the next time I watch it.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"