X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Traffic pretty powerful stuff

There's a lot of posts on this film at several other HT sites and seems to come down to the fact that viewers either loved it or hated it. I just want to go on record by saying that I feel it deserves all the attention it got at the Academy Awards. I happen to like Steven Soderbergh's work and this film is certainly his best IMHO.As for Benicio, he was just outstanding in this role. This guy is going places.
    I didn't like the color tinting at first, but later I realized it helped in distinguishing which of the four storylines you are revisiting.
    This is one powerful, gritty story.And you can't get much more truthful than this as a filmmaker.My hat is off to everyone involved with this film. And watch for more work from that great little actress who played Michael Douglas' daughter.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

I agree totally, the scenes with the blue filter still bother me alittle, but what the heck, it's a great movie.
    Speaking of Benicio DelToro...have you seen "Way of the Gun", if not check it out, it's one of those hidden gems!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Kenny,
      I have Way Of The Gun in my collection. I plan on rewatching it soon.I really liked that film.I felt James Caan really did an excellent acting job in this one also.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• KennyG
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2000

Yes, it's good to see the "old farts" kick alittle butt...age and treachery...right?

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

I watched this last weekend. I have to say, very gripping. Not sure I would have bought this one though, had I rented it first. I think it's a good rent first movie personally. Great movie, just not sure how often I will want to rewatch it.

Myself, I don't rent so much, usually, no more than I buy now, I just take a chance on the few that get great up front nods.
          Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"