X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

GODZILLA.....1998

Sure it's a bit of mindless fluff...but as mindless fluff goes I've enjoyed it both times I saw it, once when it first came out on DVD, and last week when I found it for 10 bucks and couldn't resist.
    I know everyone hated this movie, it REEKS of hollywood...it's all here, the young scientist, the beautiful X who screws him over, the baddest monster around, the trigger happy military.
    There are only two scenes that are really bad, one is the car chase, and the car ending up in GODZILLA'S mouth (to stupid) and the other is the nest, just to many eggs, why not have 5 to 10, why make it seems like there's 40 or 50 of them?
    Anyway if you've never seen it, take a look, it's alot of fun, the transfer is top notch, and the sound will pin your ears back!
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I'll have to be in the right frame of mind for it, but you've interested me enough to want to have a look at this film. I haven't seen it on any of the for sale shelves round here, but maybe the rental places have a copy. I'll have a look.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The problem is, Godzilla was never meant to be more than what it is, a fun monster movie! That is what it started out as in it's black&white origin and that is what it continued to be in it's 1998 and 2000 releases.

It is like the Kung Fu genre. If you like watching martial arts, you know going into it that there will be the (yeah right) stuff. Things that no human could really do. However, I don't see anyone making a big deal out of that.

Maybe we could just let...I believe the phrase was "Mindless Films" be enjoyed for what they are and when one needs the cup to be filled intellectually, they turn to such films.

Of course, this is just my opinion

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"