X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

All The Pretty Horses an eyefull.

I am not a Matt Damon fan so I almost missed out on this movie.I picked it up on a whim as a rental, liked it so much I bought it.The cinematography is worth the price of the dvd.The scenery is downright gorgeous. And as I said earlier, though I am not a Matt Damon fan, you can't help but admire the work he does in this film, along with Henry Thomas and Lucas Black.BTW, Lucas steals the movie.It is an adventure filled journey of two young men from Texas,and the evnts that have a resounding impact on their outlook on life.Look for a low key (small) performance by Bruce Dern.Though I was reluctant at first, I am glad I didn't miss this film. Billy Bob Thornton really shows his stuff here as a director.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

I feel the same when it comes to Damon, I almost can't see myself renting this...but I will now give it a try.

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Bought this one last week, it was on our "previews" screening (3-4 trailers) before the main feature Saturday night. Picked it up based on reviews and word of mouth- from the looks, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Feature flick Saturday night was "What Women Want", purchased at Albertson's Groceries for "negotiated price" of $20. (It wasn't in computer yet, price wasn't marked, and I told him I usually buy at CostCo, for about $20 a pop. LOL!) This is a very funny, well made movie; granted, some might call it a "chick flick", sometimes it's almost too politially correct, but good performances by Mel and Helen.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Yes,Jon, I also enjoyed What Women Want. It is the kind of movie both male and female can take a liking to.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"