X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Entice
    • Nov 2002

Pre-power interconnects

Merry Christmas to all!
    As the new year approaches, santa will be bringing me my present a little late. I'm very fortunate and grateful that (1.) He'll be carrying it, and (2.) for what it is. Trouble is, my house don't have a chimney so i hope he knocks on the door so i an take delivery. I've gone for the 1066/1095 combination. (excess power?...just planning for the future!). My question relates to these!
    Are these products shipped with interconnects, for between these 2 units? I'm not concerned re interconnects for source material, just between the pre-pro amps. If so, what's their quality like?
    seems that there hasn't been any discussion on this in the past...

Thanks in advance!
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

While I have no experience with Rotel provided interconnects. I can tell you that there are frequently gains to be made with some alternate interconnects. Generally, those included iwth equipment are of marginal if not average quality. Silver interconnects as well can be a big gain in openess and transparency for some systems. With Rotel tending sometimes to the warm side, with warm speakers, you may need something to tune or open up your sound. But then I am not a Rotel guy, so the others may have other advice.

Goodluck,
    Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• efarstad
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2001

Entice: The 1066 or any amp for that matter, do not come with any IC's to connect between them. Lex is spot on, even if they did I would not recommend them for use. I bought these seven SuperNovas from http://www.quantumcable.com and they perform amazing with my 1066 and AMC amps! Check um out...and I believe you'd be more then happy!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

As erik mentioned I don't believe the 1066 comes with cables...not that its a concern since the interconnects that ship with components are always very low quality and shouldn't be used where possible. You wouldn't run a corvette on wal-mart special tires would you? There's a wide variety of quality cables you can buy to connect your new pre amp to those nice amps to tap their potential. You'll quickly find out that price doens't always equate to quality so with that in mind cables like Monster tend to get a lot of attention from AV sales people but in reality they're just a high profit margin item with decent but not great build quality. Some of the best bang for the buck interconnects are available online where the markup isn't so high and the possibility exists to get hand made cables built to your specs...why buy a 6 foot cable if a 4 foot one would do better? Its for this reason that many of us purchase our cables from sites like http://www.catcables.com who you'll notice is a sponsor of this site. Now its possible that you could argue that as a moderator I'm 'supposed' to push our sponsors but that simply isn't true..I only recomend what I have tried and like..afterall its my reputation I'm putting on the line. What a lot of us do as well is maximize our 2 channel cables where we'll notice the increased quality from better cables (silvercats) If cost is an issue as it is for most of try using silver for the mains and center if possible and going with copper on the rears or sides....though with some of the priceing breaks on 5 or 7 cable bundels it might not make much difference.

Comment

• Mats
          Special Member
          • Jun 2000

In Germany my 1066 was delivered with 3 pairs of even gold plated standard interconnects. For setting up your system thats enough and listen carefully before spending too much money in interconnects. Some say it`s only voodoo :evil:

Left forum because sold Rotel gear
          Mats
          Mats Strömberg
          Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
          Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• Lee
            • Oct 2002

In Canada the 1066 ships with 3 pairs of gold plates (decent quality) interconnects also. But I don't use them.

Comment

• Entice
              • Nov 2002

Thanks all for your replies.

It seems that the responses are wide and varied. I guess that I'll just have t wait and see when it all gets delivered. Although, I think it may be very difficul to realise the true potential and flaws as every component will be new...

The rotel gear, Dynaudio contours (5.1 arrangement), all interconnects, and speaker cable (I'm thinking of Kimber Cable 8tc). Next step will be to find a dencet CD player to mate to this system. I can't wait to break everything in. Although, I have this sneaky suspicion that even unbroken, I will be ridiculously happy with my new toys!

Again, Thanks for all your help on this topic, I guess the best bet is to wait and see and let you all know after 1000 or so serious hours of break-in!

Have a great lead up to the new year!

Comment

• SayersWeb
                • Dec 2002

I am quite pleased with the Outlaw Audio 1.2m PCA cables I use with the 1066:
                http://www.outlawaudio.com//products/cables.html

Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page
                Sayer - Musical Creations and Home Page

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"