X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Ben Hur!!!

I ran down and picked this up as soon as it came in, so naturally I had to watch it last night.
    I'm not going to go into the story, most of us now it, I want to give you a heads-up on the video and audio transfer.
    The video transfer is nothing short of spectacular!!! this movie looks like it could have been made in the last 10 years, colors are prefectly saturated, shadow detail is excellent, very few age artifacts, edge enhancement shows up in a couple scenes, a couple of the out-at-sea shots, but that's nit-pikin'...all I can say is well done, it just couldn't be better!
    The same can be said for the audio portion of it, this is a complete rework of the original soundtrack, which was, I think 5 channels across the front originally...sounds are well anchored in the center throughout, the front mains are put to good use, with very minor use of the rears.
    This disc simply couldn't be better! Again a huge WELL DONE to Warner Bros...Kenny

P.S. don't forget Lawrence of Arabia on 4/3...and criterion's Sparticus on 4/24
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Thanks,Kenny. I can't wait to watch this. I should have my copy in time for weekend viewing.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Thanks for the report- nice to hear that from someone I trust. It's on my list of "to-do's" for the weekend....

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"