X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

the Contender.

Last night my Daughter and I rented this one.
    This is a movie that drives deep into the mess that is our political system. The back stabbing the lies and innuendoes. What really makes this a compelling story is the female side of it...and in the end it is dedicated to "our daughters".
    It tells the story of the first female vice president, and the fight to confirm her.
    Gary Oldman is outstanding in his role, I didn't even realize it was him until about a third of the way through.
    I just wish our leaders had as much backbone as both the President and his appointee do in this movie.
    This isn't for the kids, it has some very adult themes, but it's worth a look, maybe even a buy...Kenny
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I was eyeing this Saturday at Walmart but couldn't decide if I wanted to rent or buy. If you owned this,Kenny, would you view it more than once ? That is usually the criteria I try to use when deciding whether to rent or buy.In the early days of DVD I was guilty of gobbling up everything in sight, and consequently have titles sitting on the rack that I have never watched more than once.In the case of The Contender, it has some of my favorite actors( including William Petersen)and I have the feeling it is a title I would view more than once.
    Sounds like I'm convincing myself to buy this, doesn't it.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

I don't know, I think it's quite possible I would watch it again, it is very good, and for young adult women I think it's a wonderful movie with a great message...come to think of it, the message is one men should hear also.
      I'm on the fence as to weather I'd buy it now...if I hadn't rented it the first time I'd say yes, buy it.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"