X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

Rob Roy

This has always been one of my favorite stories.
    A well travelled one to be sure...men of honor battling the evil lords. The things that sets this movie apart are the performances of Liam Neeson, Jessica Lange and Tim Roth, along with what seems to me to be a very realistic depiction of life during that time.
    This is an MGM title, so of course it's a mixed bag, the video transfer is enhanced, most of the time the picture it very good, once in awhile it gets alittle grainy, a few times there is a softness to the image, but overall the colors are good the black detail is as it should be, all in all I'm happy with the transfer. I have seen better transfers of movies this new (95) but all in all not to bad.
    The audio is 5.1, but the ownly thing I remember hearing in the rears were bullets wizzing by, everything takes place on camera anyway so it's not important...what is important is the dialog, and it's very clear, nothing to complain about here.
    MGM did a better job on this than I expected, and I'm very glad to have it on DVD...Kenny
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I haven't seen this on DVD but I have seen the movie and I agree with you, it is a very good one.Now that you've reminded me of it, I think I'll see if I can pick up a copy somewhere.Has it just been released on DVD recently ?

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

Yes George, I think it was released about a month ago. The story holds up wonderfully...Kenny

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"