• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Stallone's Get Carter

FORGET CARTER.
    Naw, that isn't fair. This was a valiant effort at a remake of the original Get Carter starring Michael Caine. Nice try but it just didn't make it. Stallone is not as nasty as Caine in the original. You actually find yourself pulling for Carter in this version, whereas you weren't really sure whether you liked or hated Caine as Carter in the original. So the ending in the remake is probably as acceptable as the ending on the original. All in all,I found the movie an entertaining 90+ minutes.
    As for Stallone- maybe it was just having his kisser in tight closeups on my 8 foot widescreen- but he seems to be showing his age finally.
    For most, this is probably a renter. For diehard Stallone fans ( like me ) it is a keeper.
    George

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

I had this in my hands the other day, but put it back, I kept thinkin' "I'm not much on Stallone, so I better rent first", I will rent it in the next week or two, I thought the trailer looked good for this one...at this time I only own one Stallone movie, and it's my favorite Stallone...Demolition Man!!! Geeze, there's just no accounting for taste is there...Kenny

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"