X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Oh Brother, Traffic, Wonder Boys,etc.

With the ASC awards and the Acadamy Awards coming up soon, I have been trying to work my way through all my DVDs of the potential nominees. I know that comedies don't usually fare well when it comes to award night but, I found my self replaying scenes from Oh Brother Where Art Thou and laughing out loud. I was wondering how others feel about this film?

I also watched a little film called Remember the Titans. Must of come out while I was out of the country. Very enjoyable. Anybody know how it was received in the theaters?

I also watched Traffic, Wonder Boys, and Crouching Tiger this weekend. For me, none of these carried my intrest watching them at home after already seeing them in the theater. Crouching Tiger especially was boring the second time around.

All have nice transfers. Wonder Boys was a very good video transfer. And Oh Brother has an excellent sound track. Not only is the music fun (That man will pay you $10 to sing into a can)but, the shootout in the barn has good surround and powerful bass for all you explosion fans.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Sorry Bob, I haven't seen one of those films! I must get out more. I just enjoy my HT so much that, I tend to wait for most (99%) to be released on dvd.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

Bob, what are you watching???
      Oh Brother, where art thou, and Traffic are not out on disc yet. Haven't seen Traffic yet, but it's still in theaters and I plan to see it.
      I found Oh Brother hilarious, I will buy the disc the day it comes out.
      Remember the Titans did very well at the theaters here, good movie.
      Kenny

Comment

• Bob
        • Jul 2000

Films are sent to Acadamy members by the production companies. This is to ensure that members have seen the films they are voting for. You are given the choice of VHS or DVD and receive them in the mail. I have received over 40 DVDs in the past couple of months. They are the same transfers that will eventually show up in commercial DVDs without the menus, and any extras.

Comment

• P-Dub
          Office Moderator
          • Aug 2000

Wow, a voting member of the Academy is on our forum? Cool.

I just might have to go see Oh Brother. I thought the previews looked pretty bad.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
          Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
            • Aug 2000

Geez, I want Bob's job. Bob, feel free at any time to mail us any of these films.

Ken
            Ken

Comment

• KennyG
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2000

So I take it you'll at least give us your opinion of the top 10 this year!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"