X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ken McDaniel
    • Aug 2000

Dinosaur - WOW!

I've just finished watching one of the most spectacular films I've seen this year. To and through this is a typical Disney from start to finish. Although the story is excellent in its own right, it's the amazing visual effects. This is a stunning movie to watch. The colors are rich with tons of depth. The details achieved by the computer animation are the best I've seen to date. The audio definately has it's moments. Unlike Tarzan, Disney makes full use of the .1 track. Anyway, don't rent this. Buy it. If you don't get miles out of it, your kids will. Do yourself a favor and ante up to the Special Edition, it's has nearly a million or so cool features. Oh, and the disc contains both a DD and a DTS soundtrack for everyone's ongoing debates.

Ken
    Ken
  • Greg Stone
    • Aug 2000

Ken - why the PG rating? I have two sons under 6 and have yet to buy it because of the PG rating. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Greg's DVD's

Comment

• KennyG
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2000

The PG rating is probably because the T-Rex's are pretty scary. They are Disney's bad guys in this one...and they're pretty bad!
      Enjoyed this one on the Huge screen, but haven't thought about buying it...maybe I will...but then again, this is one I never thought I'd watch more than once again.

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
        • Aug 2000

Greg - PG rating, good question. In my book, this movie stands side-by-side with Tarzan. Matter of fact, because of the use of weapons in Tarzan, I'd say offhand that Tarzan deserves more of a PG than Dinosaur. Neither the wife nor I recall any language in the film. The violence in Dinosaur is presented in the same way as you would see it on the Discovery Channel's Walking with Dinosaurs. Enter big carnivorous dinosaur; see it attack smaller dinosaur; see carnivore bite and throw smaller dinosaur; then cut away to the distance and see big dinosaur enjoy and shadowy lunch. They don't show any graphic details. They'll show a before and after. There are skeletal ramains displayed all throughout the film, but you don't see how they got there. Like I said, very Animal Planet. Like Kenny said, I suppose that one the big screen with big sound, the scenes could scare smaller children. But I'll let me 7-month old watch it as soon as she's able.

Ken
        Ken

Comment

• Greg Stone
          • Aug 2000

Thanks guys for the info on the PG rating. I am going to rent this from BB this week and give it a watch first, and then buy it if I feel my boys would like it, which it sounds like they will from you.

Funny how Disney always has a bad guy, and they are usually pretty good bad guys. Cruella Deville scared the bejeezers out of me as a kid in 101 Dalmations!

Greg's DVD's

Comment

• Patrick Sun
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

I fell asleep when I saw this film at the theaters. It had a great 20 minutes at the beginning, but then it was snoresville for me. It looked nice, but again, after 20 minutes of the film, I didn't find much to keep my attention. I would caution folks to rent it first before buying it.

PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
            PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

I rented this last Saturday and enjoyed it thoroughly. I must admit, I felt a little guilty,though, when the Blockbuster gal told me, "The kids will really love this one."
              I'm an old retired fella and haven't had little ones around in some time.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• KennyG
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Sep 2000

George...you felt alittle guilty? Never forget, we're all young at heart!
                Kenny

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"