X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Will the Future be Back this July?

Some of us have enjoyed film experiences which just seem to be defining a moment, era, or time in our lives. The "Back to the Future" trilogy is one of those experiences for me, for too many reasons to go into. There was a time (that lasted for months) when my daughter was young that the big question Friday or Saturday night was which of the three movies she wanted to watch again that night. I'll never forget those evenings with her, and the glow of my Zenith projector on the big screen, and the light reflected into her eyes and rapt smile. Fortunately I had bought these on Laser Disks, so we couldn't wear them out!

But, I WANT MY DVDs! The release of these films has been an on again/off again affair since 1997, as they were some of the first titles initially announced- then withdrawn- then announced- then withdrawn again. Grrrrrrr!

A fairly complete documentation of this announcement history is available here:

A worldwide cultural phenomenon and the highest-grossing film of 1985, Back to the Future launched one of the most successful franchises in Universal's history, including two theatrical sequels, an animated television series, a theme park ride, a musical, an escape room, toys, comic books, video gam

A more general overview of all kinds of topics related to the films, and the people involved in their making, is here:

A worldwide cultural phenomenon and the highest-grossing film of 1985, Back to the Future launched one of the most successful franchises in Universal's history, including two theatrical sequels, an animated television series, a theme park ride, a musical, an escape room, toys, comic books, video gam

I knew I liked Elizabeth Shue back then, but wow has she gotten even better since.....

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"