X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huskerduck
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2000

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon DVD release

any news on this flicks DVD debut and will it be subtitled or english dubbed, the latter would be nice.
    The wife and I drove 50 miles to see the opening today and get this, 11:50 AM and 600 seat theater packed on wednesday.
    this flick would have been da stuff except I would have preferred not to read a 2 hour movie

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
    Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
  • KennyG
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2000

This movie was subtitled?
    If that's the case then this one's out for me, I have always felt I'm missing to much when I'm setting there reading words instead of watching the movie.
    I'll keep an eye out for you.

Kenny

Comment

• Huskerduck
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2000

The plot isnt deep enough that all you do is read, Infact you could probably just kick back and enjoy some great cinematography.
      There was maybe only a few times I felt I may have missed something.
      I was really wanting to know this for my 2 kids because while they should be able to get subtitles I think it would be more enjoyable without.
      If you miss this one in the theater, you are doing yourself a disservice and the subtitles are very short and simple to keep up.
      I think they kept the story simple knowing this was going to be a Hit worldwide and told the story with cinematography instead

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
      Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

I've read that the R1 release will be out on June 5th. I think it will include an English dub as I've seen reports that the R3 release includes an English track.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• P-Dub
          Office Moderator
          • Aug 2000

Here's a review of the R3 release. It does include an English 5.1 track.

Paul

Paul

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Don't let the subtitles keep you out of this movie its extremly worth seeing. After a few minutes of reading I "forgot" i was reading and just got pulled into the movie...hmm kinda like black bars

Comment

• Ken McDaniel
              • Aug 2000

I know this may sound kind of strange, but I don't think you're getting the full range of emotion from english tracked foreign films. Being a fan of Asian anime and film, english tracks just don't portray the proper tone of the actors. Remember the actors are Chow Yun Fat and Michelle Yeoh. They had to learn new dialects of old Mandarin to speak the parts. I think that effort is worth reading a few lines.

Ken
              Ken

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"