X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stryke
    • Dec 2000

New Center Channel finished

Hello,

Just thought I'd throw up a little info on the center channel I just finished. It uses two Vifa P17SJ-00 6.5" drivers and a Vifa PL27-TG35 I had sitting around. The tweeter isn't shielded, but is high enough that it doesn't effect my TV at all.

For now I just threw in a version of the SE2 crossover by Shamrock Audio. I will design something more apropriate later, but for now it does ok.

Here's the link to the page, http://basszone.stryke.com/center.htm

There are pictures of the various construction steps, and brief explanation of how it was designed. I will update the page with more detail once I have more time.

John
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

John

Nice looking speaker. And a very nicely done article.

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• EdP
      • Nov 2000

The SE-2 is probably going to do "fine" especially since you did the "squish drivers" mounting. Very well done.

Black screws. Just a pet pieve of mine.

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

That's a nice looking speaker! I am looking forward to it's performance results.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Nice looking speaker let us know how it sounds

Comment

• Lexman
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2000

John, great job! Sort of reminds me of the center of a now defunct speaker maker in Memphis. Eggleston Works. I think-

Lex

Comment

• Bing Fung
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

Nice speaker John, original design to my eyes. looks like it going to have good output.

Bing
              Bing

Comment

• Lexman
                Super Senior Member
                • Jun 2000

I doubt the speaker looks exactly like the EW speaker, but similar anyway. To bad Eggleston went belly up. Was a helluva speaker, they say.
                I think the andrea was SGHT speaker of the year only last year! I swear, I just don't see how they went out. I guess the higher end speakers have a tough market. A slightly more affordable line might have helped their marketing.

Anyway, great design!

Lex

Comment

• Patrick Sun
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Aug 2000

John, it's a better idea to spray on lacquer first and then spray on enamel paint. Doing it the other way will cause weirdness to the enamel paint when lacquer is sprayed on it. I've live this nightmare.

PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
                  PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"