Abbey Road studio, users of B&W, for sale!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boarder1995
    • Sep 2009

Abbey Road studio, users of B&W, for sale!

Ok, this is a stretch, but thought those other B&W fans here might be interested in the news that Abbey Road is now up for sale. This is the studio featured by B&W in their promotional DVD quite often. They also use B&W speakers almost exclusively - mostly the 801/800D models. The studio is famous mostly due to the name of a Beatles album by the same name, plus all the notorious artists that have recorded there.

Abby Road Studio up for sale (FT.com)
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by boarder1995
    Ok, this is a stretch, but thought those other B&W fans here might be interested in the news that Abbey Road is now up for sale. This is the studio featured by B&W in their promotional DVD quite often. They also use B&W speakers almost exclusively - mostly the 801/800D models. The studio is famous mostly due to the name of a Beatles album by the same name, plus all the notorious artists that have recorded there.

Abby Road Studio up for sale (FT.com)
    Thanks for the article sad to see such a pristine institution disappearing maybe the new owners will appreciate quality. But when three quarter of the world only care about low quality MP3 what do you expect?
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• beden1
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by wettou
      Thanks for the article sad to see such a pristine institution disappearing maybe the new owners will appreciate quality. But when three quarter of the world only care about low quality MP3 what do you expect?
      What a shameful sign of the times indeed. With many orchestras on the brink of bankruptcy, and studios using cheap(er) methods of recording their artist's music through computers...I wonder how many years it will take to render even musical instruments useless?

Comment

• IceG
        • Dec 2008

So sad. I can only hope that the government slap a heritage/preservation order on the studios. They did it for my local tube (subway) station in North London.

The idea of these historic studios being turned into another blandsville 5* hotel or luxury apartment/condo complex just makes me fume. :M

And I don't care what anyone says; the sound of a cello being bowed, with all the subtle changes that every movement of the players body, can just not be replicated electronically.

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by beden1
          What a shameful sign of the times indeed. With many orchestras on the brink of bankruptcy, and studios using cheap(er) methods of recording their artist's music through computers...I wonder how many years it will take to render even musical instruments useless?
          Yes my kids play several instruments but they create music on Garage Band!!
          Last edited by wettou; 16 February 2010, 23:35 Tuesday.
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Grasynoll
            • Mar 2006

" and in the end..."

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Grasynoll
              " and in the end..."
              Very sad news...great reference! :T
              Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• bigburner
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

Before we slit our wrists I think we should see who buys it.

Fingers crossed.

Nigel.

Comment

• JustinGN
                  • May 2009

I say B&W snap it up and turn it into a museum/Society of Sound studio. Makes sense.

Comment

• Briz vegas
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

Its an iconic building and institution (real or maybe just a concept). I am sure that someone will snap it up. Hopefully it will be picked up by someone interesting that can make it more than a museum. Anything would probably be better than a venture capital company that currently owns it.
                    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• miner
                      • Mar 2005

Richard Branson will buy it. That is my prediction.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2007

I know Richard Branson has more money than he knows what to do with, but he is now in the money pit of Formula1 so I would be surprised if he purchased Abbey Road.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"