X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninja12
    • Mar 2007

802Ds and Sound Anchor

Now that I have decided on the final resting spot for my 802Ds, I am going to remove the roller glides and put them on the spikes. I am also thinking about getting some speaker stands from Sound Anchors to put them on. But, before I do that, I was wondering if anyone has put their 802Ds on the spikes that came with their speakers and then put them on the speaker stands from Sound Anchors? If you did, did you notice a difference in the sound between when your speakers were on the spikes that came with the 802Ds versus them being on the speaker stands from Sound Anchors?
  • SoundEngine355
    • Feb 2008

Sound Anchors? To remove the vibration? I think you are fooling yourself if you think its going to have any sonic improvement.

I've listened to systems which had anti-vibration rubbers on the amplifiers, cd players and pre-amplifiers... just makes me laugh.
    SoundEngine355

-------------------
    [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

ninja12,

I've had experience with both the 802D spikes as well as sound anchor stands. However, the stands were on different speakers. The spikes on the 802D's do help. The speakers just do not move at all. The soundstage and bass improved. Mine improved a bit, definitely noticable (and noticable to my non AV neighbor, who helped me with getting the spikes on).

Sound Anchor stands definitely have worked for me. Bass tightened up. The midrange and high end were a bit cleaner.

I simply went with the spikes on my 802D's as they were free. The 802D Sound Anchors were definitely some money that I preferred to spend elsewhere in the system. Also, I didn't want to raise up the 802D's as much as the SA stands would have.

In either scenario, get some help to move the 802D's. Definitely a two person job. If you do a search on 802D and spikes, you should see a thread on this topic where I described how I rested the 802D's to work on them.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• ninja12
        • Mar 2007

Thanks for the responses. I went ahead last night and installed the spikes. I have the spikes halfway, and the speakers sits at the perfect height now. It also slightly improved the bass and midrange a little. So, I have decided to leave it alone because one putting them on speaker stands will definitely make them sit too high and two the SA Stands are pricey $675 OUCH!!!!!!!. I don't think they are going to cause me to hear a $675 improvement.

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by ninja12
          SA Stands are pricey $675 OUCH!!!!!!!. I don't think they are going to cause me to hear a $675 improvement.
          Save your money the spikes from B&W are free and work very well just impossible to move the speakers afterwards
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• ninja12
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by wettou
            Save your money the spikes from B&W are free and work very well just impossible to move the speakers afterwards
            Yes, I plan to do exactly that. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"