X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Palforever
    • Feb 2010

Which Combo Will Suits For This

Hello guys i have narrowed down for my HT 5.1 system,the 683 and the 685.What is the best combo for both.coz i am thinking of getting the package deal that they had offered me.

1)For the 683 the package is HTM61(CENTRE)-685(REAR) and the Sub will be ASW610($5500)before discount.
    2) For the 685 the packabe isHTM62 (Centre)-685 (rear)and the same Sub ASW610 ($3500) before discount
    OR
    3)should i look at the CM7 or CM9 series.

Your input is much appreciated ;x( ;x(
    Thanks
  • Skyblue
    • Jun 2009

Yes!
    B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• Palforever
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Skyblue
      Yes!
      What do you mean? ;x(

Comment

• boarder1995
        • Sep 2009

It depends on your room size and typical listening levels. You have kids that go to bed and you never crank it, then smaller units will be great. But if you're in a house that you can have you way with volume levels, then you may need/want the bigget 683 units. Perhaps consider going bigger to begin with and forgo the sub if budget is an issue for the time being. If you consider the CM line, the price goes up, but the quality does too. Bass is cleaner, not as bloated/boomy/muddy and the mids are more believable. They do have a bit different sound than the typical B&W sound though - a bit more laid back on the top end. Definitely go listen, back to back, in the same room to get a good comparison if the increase in $$$ is worth it. But, to answer your question, should you look at the CM? Yes, look at everything - that's how I did it, even stuff way outside of my budget, but just to get educated on what was possible. Of course it's now ruined me a bit knowing what's possible, but still a good time.

Comment

• Palforever
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by boarder1995
          It depends on your room size and typical listening levels. You have kids that go to bed and you never crank it, then smaller units will be great. But if you're in a house that you can have you way with volume levels, then you may need/want the bigget 683 units. Perhaps consider going bigger to begin with and forgo the sub if budget is an issue for the time being. If you consider the CM line, the price goes up, but the quality does too. Bass is cleaner, not as bloated/boomy/muddy and the mids are more believable. They do have a bit different sound than the typical B&W sound though - a bit more laid back on the top end. Definitely go listen, back to back, in the same room to get a good comparison if the increase in $$$ is worth it. But, to answer your question, should you look at the CM? Yes, look at everything - that's how I did it, even stuff way outside of my budget, but just to get educated on what was possible. Of course it's now ruined me a bit knowing what's possible, but still a good time.

Thanks for the feedback.By the way i had the audition for the 683,685 and the CM7 and CM9 back to back for a couple of hours.Like the CM9 over the 683 and its like $600 different-But then again its a big decision that i have to live with if i make the wrong choice,right?Like what you mentioned the 683 is a bit boomy-much better without the sub and the CM9 is much much better. :T

Comment

• Skyblue
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Palforever
            What do you mean? ;x(
            I mean Absolutely

No seriously. I think boarder got it right. Get the best speakers your budget and family can afford.

An enemy of mine once said: The things you use every day, should be of the highest quality affordable. That way you'll have a smile on your face whenever you use them. And otherwise, you'll have bad things that break down and make you regret your decision every day.

So, I'd go check out the CM's and perhaps other speakers too. Then make a reasonable computation of lifetime with respect to your current and furture financial and familty situation.

I'm currently contemplating the new 800D's or the 802D's. This will be a substantial expense for me (as for most), but I expect to enjoy them for at least 20 years, and so the difference, $8000 is only $33 a month. Now, those $33 should not be a problem regardless of my future financial situation.

The family situation on the other hand points strictly and unanimously to the 802D's. We shall see who wins
            B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Skyblue
              I mean Absolutely No seriously. I think boarder got it right. Get the best speakers your budget and family can afford.

An enemy of mine once said: The things you use every day, should be of the highest quality affordable. That way you'll have a smile on your face whenever you use them. And otherwise, you'll have bad things that break down and make you regret your decision every day.

So, I'd go check out the CM's and perhaps other speakers too. Then make a reasonable computation of lifetime with respect to your current and furture financial and familty situation. I'm currently contemplating the new 800D's or the 802D's. This will be a substantial expense for me (as for most), but I expect to enjoy them for at least 20 years, and so the difference, $8000 is only $33 a month. Now, those $33 should not be a problem regardless of my future financial situation.

The family situation on the other hand points strictly and unanimously to the 802D's. We shall see who wins
              Agreed but Family is more important :T
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• James NM
                • Jan 2010

Hello guys i have narrowed down for my HT 5.1 system,the 683 and the 685.What is the best combo for both.coz i am thinking of getting the package deal that they had offered me.

1)For the 683 the package is HTM61(CENTRE)-685(REAR) and the Sub will be ASW610($5500)before discount.
                2) For the 685 the packabe isHTM62 (Centre)-685 (rear)and the same Sub ASW610 ($3500) before discount
                OR
                3)should i look at the CM7 or CM9 series.

Your input is much appreciated ;x( ;x(
                Thanks
                I, for one, don't understand your numbers.

First off, the 683 setup doesn't cost anywhere near $5500, discount or not. So I guess there is additional hardware included you didn't tell us about?

Secondly, to go from the 683 setup you show down to the 685 setup you show should only drop about $1000, not the $2000 you said ($5500-$3500). So is something else different about the systems besides the speakers?

Without knowing the exact differences in the packages, as well as things like room size and listening preferences, I don't think anyone has enough info to advise you on which package to get.

If all you are getting for those prices is the speaker equipment you list, I'd find another dealer.

Comment

• Palforever
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by James NM
                  I, for one, don't understand your numbers.

First off, the 683 setup doesn't cost anywhere near $5500, discount or not. So I guess there is additional hardware included you didn't tell us about?

Secondly, to go from the 683 setup you show down to the 685 setup you show should only drop about $1000, not the $2000 you said ($5500-$3500). So is something else different about the systems besides the speakers?

Without knowing the exact differences in the packages, as well as things like room size and listening preferences, I don't think anyone has enough info to advise you on which package to get.

If all you are getting for those prices is the speaker equipment you list, I'd find another dealer.

James thats is just for the speakers nothing else.The 683 w/out the sub was quoted @ $4k and the 685 with the sub was@ 3.5k.Anyway just for info i am not from around here but in Asia(Singapore)and please consider the exchane rates and so all prices are quoted in local currency and we have like a couple of B& W dealer back home, not much of a choice for dealers here.As for the room size its 25ftx20ft.May be this will clarify your curiosity.I audition the 683 and 685 back to back,just for comarison purposes.
                  Its 40% music and 60% HT.and infact i also auditon the CM7 and CM9 and like it too though.So,the decision is hard for me to make.

Comment

• James NM
                    • Jan 2010

James thats is just for the speakers nothing else.The 683 w/out the sub was quoted @ $4k and the 685 with the sub was@ 3.5k.Anyway just for info i am not from around here but in Asia(Singapore)and please consider the exchane rates and so all prices are quoted in local currency and we have like a couple of B& W dealer back home, not much of a choice for dealers here.As for the room size its 25ftx20ft.May be this will clarify your curiosity.I audition the 683 and 685 back to back,just for comarison purposes.
                    Its 40% music and 60% HT.and in fact i also auditon the CM7 and CM9 and like it too though.So,the decision is hard for me to make.
                    Full list price on the 683 pkg is $3500, while full list on the 685 pkg is $2400. And those prices include the price increase that went into effect the first of the year. Damn, it sucks to be you! I hate to even think about how much they want for the CM7 or 9 series (much less an 800 series). Have you checked the B&W website for additional dealers in your area? It might be worth a drive to save a buck or two (or in your case a grand or two).

That's a big room for the 685 pkg. The ASW 610 will most likely have a hard time (even with the 683's) putting out enough bass for HT in that size room. I'd suggest you stay with towers for you fronts. You might even look at a second 610, or even a single 610XP. Of course you could start with the single 610 and add another later if desired. Good luck.

Comment

• Palforever
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by James NM
                      Full list price on the 683 pkg is $3500, while full list on the 685 pkg is $2400. And those prices include the price increase that went into effect the first of the year. Damn, it sucks to be you! I hate to even think about how much they want for the CM7 or 9 series (much less an 800 series). Have you checked the B&W website for additional dealers in your area? It might be worth a drive to save a buck or two (or in your case a grand or two).

That's a big room for the 685 pkg. The ASW 610 will most likely have a hard time (even with the 683's) putting out enough bass for HT in that size room. I'd suggest you stay with towers for you fronts. You might even look at a second 610, or even a single 610XP. Of course you could start with the single 610 and add another later if desired. Good luck.
                      James once again you have to think about the exchange rate US$1.00=SINGAPORE$1.42 and it has been fluctuating inthe range of $140-$145.Been there done that -check the B&W site and there is only 2 authorise dealer here.Been around looking for the other dealer and none to be found except those two.Just do your math!Anyway my wife be heading to the States next week.Been reading about the Emotiva xpa-5,umc-1 and theupc-1-how do they fare with the Rotel rmb1575,rsp1570 1nd teh rsx 1560.Another valuable feed back will be much appreciated.Thanks again. :T

Comment

• Palforever
                        • Feb 2010

Seem like no one id trying to help here. :Z :Z :Z :Z

Comment

• emig5m
                          • Aug 2008

Seem like no one id trying to help here. :Z :Z :Z :Z
                          Just get headphones. So much cheaper to get true hi fidelity and you don't have to worry about room placement, acoustic problems, not having enough power to drive your speakers, etc. It's just hassle free hi fidelity for very cheap. No seriously, I had your package #1 except the sub and it was a nice big sound and the front mains where very good performance for 2-channel music (reason why I chose them in the first place). If you're not too overly critical for 2-channel music listening, I would just get the 685 package and save some money. The 685 can throw up some big sound with a sub, not the max volume of the 683, but still good. The main difference would be in the midrange but I don't think it was very important for movies, but more critical 2-channel music listening.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"