X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caberxx
    • Jan 2010

Room size for 800 Diamonds

My sound room is 15' x 24' x 9'. I'm wondering if the 800 Diamonds would be too big for this room?? What room sizes do others have with the 800's? Thanks for any advice.
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

caberxx,

I have 802D's in an 11' X 16' X 8' room. I've also put in acoustic treatments in my room, a dedicated HT room. The sound is incredible.

I know the 800D's are definitely bigger sounding. Your room should be fine to put them in. You may need to consider a few acoustic treatments to bring out some additional performance. And feed them plenty of current (think a very high current amp).

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Relentless
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by htsteve
      caberxx,

I know the 800D's are definitely bigger sounding. Your room should be fine to put them in. You may need to consider a few acoustic treatments to bring out some additional performance. And feed them plenty of current (think a very high current amp).

Hope this helps.
      +1 I have them in a 15x14x8 with treatments and a lot of stuff to defuse the sound and could not be happier. You will sacrifice depth, at least that is the main difference I feel I am missing compared to when I listened to the 800D's in a room 22x30x10 and not treated as well as mine.
      I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
      Lou

Comment

• worldys
        • Dec 2005

i used mine in a room that was 15 x 22 x 10, the 800d were very forgiving of room limitations compared to other speakers i used in the same room, go for it, they will suit your room fine

Comment

• SoundEngine355
          • Feb 2008

My room is 20x13x8 and I found the 800D's sounded fine, however the room did look a little over powered as I had two 2.5 seater sofas, with just 1 sofa it would have been fine.
          SoundEngine355

-------------------
          [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

My room is 20 x 18 x 10 and the multichannel set-up for SACD includes three 802Ds and two 802N are great. I treated the ceiling and have thick curtains for the windows.

I just feel I am a bit underpowered at the time! I have a CA-5200 and am waiting for the new CT-5300 to bi-amp the speakers. That should increase the current for the 802s:B I will use the CA-5200 for the tweeter and mid and the CA-5300 for the bass.
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"