X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legion1capone
    • Oct 2008

speaker cables and jumpers vs bi-wiring

I have read and understand that both have there pros and cons. What I'm wondering is what are people running with there B&W's on this forum?
    I am looking at the River cable starflex SPX11 Gauge speaker cable to use with my 705's. They sell it in both a single cable and biwire cable. What should I run, single cable or biwire? If single cable what are good jumpers that are under $150?

River Cable:
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I run bi-wire cables to my speakers. I like the cleanliness of factory done biwires. I'm sure the standard cables plus jumpers would be OK, but the jumpers may not be the same design, materials as the main cable. That's why factory bi-wires makes sense to me. Keeps each leg the same.

Also, check out Cat Cables, official cable sponsor of the forum. The link is at the bottom of the page. They offer very good performance for the money.

Comment

• jamesdaman
      • Apr 2008

i use chord jumpers and all there cables, i tested bi wire and literaly heard no differnce but the higher quality single wire as i went through the range made a big differnce. I even asked B&W they said it makes a differnce but when i called chord and asked them they said in tests it doesnt make much if any differnce as long as the quality of a single run is high doubling it doesnt seem to do much.

Comment

• mgrabow
        • Dec 2009

Me, I would only use bi-wire if I have two amps (I do)... Cable quality is always relative to the length...

Comment

• Space
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by mgrabow
          Cable quality is always relative to the length...
          Yes. Remember this before you stress out about what brand of jumper wire you're using. In fact there's really not too much to worry about in a run of 6-12 feet between an amp and a speaker.

Comment

• style
            Super Senior Member
            • Feb 2006

Hy,

I had always bi-wire cables but my last HP cableis a single run.

for a a GREAT bi-wiring you need have not a cable with the 4 ending but a couple of the same cable in single run. 4 cable for the L&R. (o course HF & LF)
            is sure more expesinve but will pay in performance.

if you have a single run speaker cable from $.2000.- a extra pair of the same cable for the bi-wiring give you a "extra"..but with a good single run cable
            i'm happy at today.

a lot of very great speakers don't have the "douple input" but "only" the single input and other have a tri-wiring!

Style

Comment

• sunshdw
              • Sep 2008

I bought the matching Transparent jumpers to my cables. For me it was a bit cheaper than buying the bi-wire cables.
              Magnepan,ARC,VTL,Transparent Audio ;x(

"The term "audiophile" means essentially nothing -- it's a self-anointed status that entails no credentials, qualifications or certifications. It means "hobbyist," nothing more, and anyone can lay claim to it. Ironically, I've come to recognize that "audiophiles" represent a group that will believe almost anything"

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"