X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aquaanox
    • Feb 2007

804s driver rubber surround coming apart

Just noticed this problem around the midrange driver.. the rubber seal ? is un-even on one of my recently purchased 804s. Apparentely the dealer was going to take care of it, but havent heard from them in over 2 weeks about the part etc. Does anyone know how easy it would be to fix this ? thinking about calling the B&W parts department and just taking care of this myself.. Its a new speaker, just annoying to have this weird imperfection, does not affect sound though.
    Attached Files
  • scanido
    • Apr 2006

I have the same issue on one of my 803S. It is indented about 1/4 way around the FST driver. It is not really distracting until light hits directly on it. Other than being cosmetic, I haven't heard any difference from it and my other speaker.

Comment

• emig5m
      • Aug 2008

Mine is perfect, lol. :

Comment

• aquaanox
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by emig5m
        Mine is perfect, lol. :
        :evil:

Comment

• Top Cat
          • Jan 2010

I would just call them back and tell them to switch out the driver. If you just bought them they should be in good condition with nothing wrong.

Comment

• dan87951
            • Nov 2005

For the amount of money these things costs I wouldn't expect anything less but perfection!! Call them and tell them to make it right! I have been shocked lately about B&W quality. My buddy just bought a set of 803S's and one of the towers was missing the tweeter assembly.. how the heck does someone miss that?????????????
            dan87951
            audio guru

Comment

• y2kavengeres
              • May 2008

I had this problem on my 804. It's just the rubber gasket that goes around the speaker. When I changed out one of the midrange drivers, getting that gasket to fit correctly wasn't easy. It won't affect the speaker, but the look of it stuck out, and it drove me nuts! You might be able to push the rubber part in a little, otherwise you'd have to remove the driver and either straighten or replace that gasket.
              Pioneer Elite SC-05
              B&W 804
              B&W 805
              B&W HTM4
              Rega Planet CD player

Comment

• aquaanox
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by y2kavengeres
                I had this problem on my 804. It's just the rubber gasket that goes around the speaker. When I changed out one of the midrange drivers, getting that gasket to fit correctly wasn't easy. It won't affect the speaker, but the look of it stuck out, and it drove me nuts! You might be able to push the rubber part in a little, otherwise you'd have to remove the driver and either straighten or replace that gasket.
                thanks thats what i needed to know. they dealer has ordered the parts. hopefully they'll be able to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"