X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbakedc
    • Jan 2010

used pair of dm601 s2's

Hey guys, so i bought a used pair of DM601 S2's recently. They sound quite good but I noticed that on one of the speakers, there is some slight separation of the dustcap from the woofer. I was wondering if this is something that will cause more damage in the future? If so should I look into getting it repaired? Below is a picture of the woofer itself. Thanks.

• dan87951
    • Nov 2005

You can order a replacement driver if you need to. Probably around a hundo ($100) or so if it bothers you.
    dan87951
    audio guru

Comment

• stuofsci02
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

I don't think it will make any difference...
      Main System:
      B&W 801D
      Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
      Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
      Oppo BDP-105
      Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
      B&W CM7
      Emotiva UMC-1
      Emotiva UPA-2
      Oppo BDP-83SE
      Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• dknightd
        • Mar 2006

Is the cone actually loose there, or just glued slightly off? On the 601 the dustcap and cone should move as one (both glued to the voice coil). As long as they move together you should be fine. If the cone has seperated it either needs to be reglued, or, replaced.

Comment

• jbakedc
          • Jan 2010

The dustcap isnt loose, in fact its still feels quite rigid and moves along with the cone. So essentially this probably isnt a terribly big issue? Thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

• sleddogg
            • Mar 2008

can you rotate the driver so the flaw isn't so visible, then you won't have to think about it everytime you look at them. Other thant that I'm sure they are fine.
            B&W 683/685/HTM61/ASW610
            Rotel RSP985/Rotel RMB1095/Rotel RCD1072

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
              • Jun 2006

I don't know how B&W does it, but on most speakers the dustcap is just that, a cap to keep dust out that is glued on after the driver is built. Throw a little (very little) crazy glue or silicone on it if you are worried.

Actually, after looking at the photo, it looks like they are just pressed into place, kind of like a cap on a rotor coverign the nut and bearings. Call B&W and see what they say.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"