X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fredBelgium
    • Jun 2007

McIntosh C2300, C500 et C1000 !

Hello everyone,

I started this about wanting to have some clarification on the record to listen between the three pre McIntosh, the C2300, the C500 and C1000, both in terms of openness, depth (soundstage) than stamps. What interests me is primarily what differentiates them.

Currently the C2300 running at home with excellent results on Mc 1.2kW. It is also more efficient than the Nagra and is probably related to the fact that the C2300 is more suited to blocks of the brand.

The only tiny flat I found is that compared to the Nagra PL-L the soundstage seems less profound. For the rest all goes away with the C2300 without mentioning that the pleasure of listening is undoubtedly the appointment. With this set of puzzle audiophile. The music flows from source!

The first trials tofs ...

I asked a question in relation to Comparo between these models.

Is there a precise origin of a comparison using a CR or from a website or a forum or is it just a rumor pro Mc on the differences between the C500 and C1000?

The meaning of this intervention is to know the origin to observation because I fear that ultimately few have been able to make the comparison so conscientious and so we are faced with a conclusion based mainly on the price difference .

Attention here I do not question the various testimonies, but I would still have liked more detail on the testing protocol.

Now I should be able to gather as a Mc a C500 Ref C1000 and a 5 to make a Comparo in depth on the basis of Mc 1.2KW.

Fred ;x(
  • SoundEngine355
    • Feb 2008

Hi Fred,

The C2300 is a cracker!

Those MC1.2KW's are just HUGE! So much power....

My dealer doesn't have anything higher than the C2300 from Mcintosh, however I think if you were going to even think about spending the money on the C500 or higher you would need to listen to the ARC Ref series.... if you haven't already.

What CD source are you using these days?
    SoundEngine355

-------------------
    [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"