X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Top Cat
    • Jan 2010

Question , Are they the same?

Hey guy's and gal's, I was wondering if someone could tell me if the midrange and the tweeter of the 801 series 80 are the same as the 802 series 80. They look identical and are housed in the same type of enclosure. I have a chance to pick up two of the heads of 802 series 80 and if they are the same I could keep them for spares. Thanks for any help.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

You can check here.

Just put the model numbers in and you can see if the part numbers are the same.

Eric

Comment

• Top Cat
      • Jan 2010

Thanks I'll give it a try. :T

Comment

• Top Cat
        • Jan 2010

I tried and it's a no-go. I think they are too old and are not made anymore so the info is not available.

Comment

• aarsoe
          • May 2004

I can tell you that they are the same. Have had both and purchased spare parts for them. They were identical.

Comment

• Top Cat
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by aarsoe
            I can tell you that they are the same. Have had both and purchased spare parts for them. They were identical.
            Thank you so much. I will pick up those two mid/tweeter assemblies for spare's then.

Comment

• Antus
              • Apr 2008

why buy those unknown quality/condition old drivers from ebay user when you can buy brand new parts from b&w for reasonable price?

u can use matrix 801 S3 midrange kevlor driver on older model. i believe they are like $100 or something each.

Comment

• Top Cat
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Antus
                why buy those unknown quality/condition old drivers from ebay user when you can buy brand new parts from b&w for reasonable price?

u can use matrix 801 S3 midrange kevlor driver on older model. i believe they are like $100 or something each.
                I was told by a person at B+W that they no longer have the drivers or tweeters available for the 801-80 and if I used different ones I would have to change the crossovers also. I really don't want to spend to much so I figured if I could get something like what I was looking at I would at least have 2 spare drivers and tweeters. Also how did you know I am looking at the ones on ebay, phychic perhaps???? :E :lol:

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"