grids on or off

hi

what do you recomment grids on or off
  • William
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by zork
    hi

what do you recomment grids on or off
    Does grid=grill or cover (American English)? If so I go...

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Same here. Mine are off.

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

off look's good!

sound is more "clean"???
        I don't know how much pay have grills off.....

sure the speakers are more sensitive and Klevar changes color faster than with grill on.

maybe in use grill off and in system off grill on ! (save the speakermore protection)

Comment

• WelshOne
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by William
          Does grid=grill or cover (American English)? If so I go...

Fancy watching a film?

YES PLEASE!!!!! :E

Comment

• pazu
            • Nov 2009

Mine are off too.

Just the tweeters' ones are on.

Comment

• boarder1995
              • Sep 2009

Never take the tweeter grills off! Ok, that's my rule, but I think a good one. The remainder of the grills are good on or off.

Comment

• KyaDawn
                • Mar 2008

Yes, keep the grills on for the diamond tweeters! :B I keep the grills for the Kevlar midrange off, but keep them on for the woofers. Just a personal preferance for looks. :P

Comment

• Jovl
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by KyaDawn
                  Yes, keep the grills on for the diamond tweeters! :B I keep the grills for the Kevlar midrange off, but keep them on for the woofers. Just a personal preferance for looks. :P
                  same here

Greetings
                  My setup : http://forum.puresound.be/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25
                  Sorry for my English ops:

Comment

• emig5m
                    • Aug 2008

Currently off on all the fronts except tweeter grills, seen too many of the aluminum domes pushed in at the dealers, and one of my friends tried to touch the dome on my 683's (I can't see the sexual attraction to dome tweeters, but there seems to be a lot of people who fancy "touching" them, lol. :rofl: ) Plus I like the look of the tweeter with the grille on since it doesn't totally hide the driver but makes it much cleaner looking by hiding the three screws and two dimples on the front of it plus the sharp edge that the grill fits into. So main grille off, tweeter grille on.

However grills are on for the rears since I like them to blend in the background and they're only 685's so they don't look like anything special anyway. The 800's + Rosenut and those bright yellow mids....mmm...pure eye candy...hehe. 8) Don't wanna hide their sexiness too much by covering them up too much....what was I saying about sexual attraction above? lol 8O :lol:

Comment

• KyaDawn
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Jovl
                      same here

Greetings
                      Nice 800D! :T

Comment

• Industrial
                        • Mar 2009

I have to keep the grids on. Even tho I have tons of room people seem mesmerized by my speakers and walk into them. Ive had one knocked down so yes. I need any protection they have.

Comment

• duketbrd88
                          • Jul 2009

Grills on, only because i have two little ones. Man i miss having them off, even though they are just 804s's. Tweeter grills on. The tweeters are kind of like the "do not touch wet paint sign", someone always has to put there finger in it...LOL

Comment

• Skyblue
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Industrial
                            I have to keep the grids on. Even tho I have tons of room people seem mesmerized by my speakers and walk into them. Ive had one knocked down so yes. I need any protection they have.
                            Ye know the feeling. After a couple of beers I often knock down an 800D. Shit just happens when I'm drunk I guess
                            B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• sc2
                              • Feb 2008

growl

:scratchhead:

I can garuntee they would be lying next to it if it was my speaker!! Those with no respect get no respect, I don't put up with people like that. :frypan:

Originally posted by Skyblue
                              Ye know the feeling. After a couple of beers I often knock down an 800D. Shit just happens when I'm drunk I guess.
                              Surely you are jesting:drinker:
                              Steve

Comment

• Skyblue
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by sc2
                                Surely you are jesting:drinker:
                                Maybe a slight exaggeration as any gentleman could be guilty of. Nothing more I assure you Though me and the chaps are having us a game of 800D domino topling on sunday. Once toppled and lying on the ground the speakers should spell out "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!". Will be fun
                                B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• Industrial
                                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by sc2
                                  :scratchhead:

I can garuntee they would be lying next to it if it was my speaker!! Those with no respect get no respect, I don't put up with people like that. :frypan:
                                  They don't usually understand why im so paranoid. Saying to avoid walking around them then saying don't worry then walking into them. Then when I tell them how much damage they just did they say "they costs that much!?" I had my niece (6 years old) push one down for no reason, i had looked down and when I looked up aprox 3secs later she had all her weight pushing with one hand. Of course I look like the bad guy when I'm shouting (never yelled, screamed).

Comment

• duketbrd88
                                    • Jul 2009

It kind of seems like if you point out to someone or kids "be careful those are expensive don't touch please " is when all the shit happens. I found for me if i don't say a damm word about them everyone stays clear and ignores them.

Comment

• emig5m
                                      • Aug 2008

They don't usually understand why im so paranoid. Saying to avoid walking around them then saying don't worry then walking into them. Then when I tell them how much damage they just did they say "they costs that much!?" I had my niece (6 years old) push one down for no reason, i had looked down and when I looked up aprox 3secs later she had all her weight pushing with one hand. Of course I look like the bad guy when I'm shouting (never yelled, screamed).
                                      I love the nieces who like to draw on the TV screen with crayons! Spill the juice all over! My B&Ws are in a room I can keep everyone locked out of and away from the mass catastrophe situation! :

Comment

• RebelMan
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • Mar 2005

For optimal sound all grills should be off but costs for the diamond tweets far out weighs the performance hit incurred with the grills on so they are best left in place.
                                        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• emig5m
                                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RebelMan
                                          For optimal sound all grills should be off but costs for the diamond tweets far out weighs the performance hit incurred with the grills on so they are best left in place.
                                          You really think there's a performance difference (even if it's extremely slight). I never listened to my speakers with the tweeter grill off. I only took them off momentarily just to see how they where attached and what the they looked like with them removed.

Comment

• Industrial
                                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by duketbrd88
                                            It kind of seems like if you point out to someone or kids "be careful those are expensive don't touch please " is when all the shit happens. I found for me if i don't say a damm word about them everyone stays clear and ignores them.

Actually that's what I tried doing when they got knocked over. So now I have to act like I'm suffering from paranoia and tell people to stay clear. That's doesn't help either! Already had someone say they were not that close then knock the grill off. Its to the point where I don't want people to come over because I'm so nervous. Hence the reason why I'm looking into moving into a bigger place with a room/basement where I can lock the door

Comment

• 1oldguy
                                              • Dec 2008

Actually that's what I tried doing when they got knocked over. So now I have to act like I'm suffering from paranoia and tell people to stay clear. That's doesn't help either! Already had someone say they were not that close then knock the grill off. Its to the point where I don't want people to come over because I'm so nervous. Hence the reason why I'm looking into moving into a bigger place with a room/basement where I can lock the door

I'd call it a lack of respect for your gear.Plain & Simple.
                                              A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• wettou
                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                • May 2006

Off of course natural looking :B
                                                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sc2
                                                  • Feb 2008

Tweeter On
                                                  Midrange OFF
                                                  Woofers ON (but I perfer them off...)
                                                  Steve

Comment

• artv4
                                                    • Jun 2007

tweet on
                                                    midrange off

i mainly keep my grills on for protection. though my preference is grill off

chicks love the kevlar!!!
                                                    GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• vinylmeister
                                                      • Sep 2009

Thanks to the advice, I put the tweeter grill back on, midrange are off, woofer are mostly off unless there is a party or small children running around
                                                      Marantz SA-11S2 -> Cardas Golden Presence -> Classe CP-500 -> Cardas Quadlink -> CA-2200 -> Cardas Quadlink -> B&W 802d

Comment

• Top Cat
                                                        • Jan 2010

I leave mine off. There is just something about seeing the speakers that makes it more attractive to me. If someone is coming over that I might worry about, like kid's, then the grids go on. Little fingers make big holes.....

Comment

• BWzes03
                                                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Top Cat
                                                          I leave mine off. There is just something about seeing the speakers that makes it more attractive to me. If someone is coming over that I might worry about, like kid's, then the grids go on. Little fingers make big holes.....
                                                          100% agreed, when I know people will be coming over with little kids, the grills go on... otherwise, grill off...
                                                          Also, since I've bought replacement phase-plugs machined from a solid block of anodized aluminium, I prefer to see them as well...

Comment

Working...
                                                          😀
                                                          😂
                                                          🥰
                                                          😘
                                                          🤢
                                                          😎
                                                          😞
                                                          😡
                                                          👍
                                                          👎
                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                          Search Result for "|||"