• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

Boxes with multiple PR's?

Hey all.
    When a subwoofer box is built with 2 (or more) PR's, how much of an effect does variances between the PR's have on the performance of the sub?

I ask, because I can only picture massive headaches trying to perfectly match two passive radiators so they have identical operating characteristics.

If they are even a little bit different, wouldn't that translate more into the PR's "talking" to each other, and a lot less of them "listening" to the driver?
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Mass loading PR's certainly isn't rocket science. Some retailers will load PR's for a minimal fee. Otherwise one needs a postal/kitchen scale.

To check box tuning only takes a digital multimeter and a power resistor.

BTW PR's don't have to be 'perfectly' matched. Like any vented system there's roughly a 10% fudge factor with PR's

theAudioWorx
    Klone-Audio

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

hmmm I like fudge :eating:

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"