X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sc2
    • Feb 2008

Lets talk Soundstage

I am curious of those with Classe & B&W systems where the presentaion of your sounstage is?

I am currently running SSP-800 w/ 802D's but I have powered by a bi-amped 5200 (vertically). Currently my speakers are set 9'-0 apart with about 5-7 degrees of toe-in. the presentaion appears to be even with the back of the speakers if not a inch or two closer. Now, I know this bi-amped thing is limiting me, but I also don't know where it should be compare to others. I can tell you that my sounstage fills the area and penetrates to the outside when so required too... I just love it

Thanks for your input!
    Steve
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by sc2
    I am curious of those with Classe & B&W systems where the presentaion of your sounstage is?

I am currently running SSP-800 w/ 802D's but I have powered by a bi-amped 5200 (vertically). Currently my speakers are set 9'-0 apart with about 5-7 degrees of toe-in. the presentaion appears to be even with the back of the speakers if not a inch or two closer. Now, I know this bi-amped thing is limiting me, but I also don't know where it should be compare to others. I can tell you that my sounstage fills the area and penetrates to the outside when so required too... I just love it

Thanks for your input!
    How does it compare Bi-Amping or Bridging did you try?

I am looking to add more power to my 802Ds but am wondering if I should bi amp instead?

I am thinking about it!
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sc2
      • Feb 2008

oops

Apparently I mispoked, my system is bridged, I even found the Classe document telling you how to do it. I even had to order some special XLR cables to do it.
      Steve

Comment

• style
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2006

Hy sc2,

to make the bi-amp with the SSP800 you need 4 x XLR cables: from the front I/O plus use the AUX1/" in the SSP800. no expecialy cables!!!! they not necessary.

so you can set your SSP using 4 channle from the 5 available:
        inthe SSP setup set --> speakers -> bi-amp!
        Is very simply and the 802D sond like never!

you don't need the speaker : aux speaker select bi-amp!
        done.

very simply.

Style

Comment

• sc2
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by wettou
          How does it compare Bi-Amping or Bridging did you try?

I am looking to add more power to my 802Ds but am wondering if I should bi amp instead?

I am thinking about it!
          I have only have had my system bridged and have not tried bi-amping.

Personnally from what I have investigated these speakers need power. When I was only pushing 200 watts there was not much bass and it was kinda muffled... When I bridged it, the speakers opened up quite abit and the bass was more pronounced, it defiantly a improvement. My personal belief that these speakers NEED 400-600 or more quality power to run effeceinty, this will be my next upgrade. I have been consdering the new ct-5300 bridged, but I don't know.

When ones bi-amps/ bridges they dont get the full power, so my ca5200; 2*200 will only give me 350 or so watts. even with this, the bottom end, IMO could be improved.

Where is your presentation at?
          Steve

Comment

• sc2
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by style
            Hy sc2,

to make the bi-amp with the SSP800 you need 4 x XLR cables: from the front I/O plus use the AUX1/" in the SSP800. no expecialy cables!!!! they not necessary.

so you can set your SSP using 4 channle from the 5 available:
            inthe SSP setup set --> speakers -> bi-amp!
            Is very simply and the 802D sond like never!

you don't need the speaker : aux speaker select bi-amp!
            done.

very simply.

Style
            Yes, I have just now investigated the procedure to do this bi-amping, your right, it is easy.

I had to buy 2 XLR Y-cable, to bridge the amp.
            Steve

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Originally posted by sc2
              Apparently I misspoke, my system is bridged, I even found the Classe document telling you how to do it. I even had to order some special XLR cables to do it.
              Where did you buy your special cables for bridging?
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• worldys
                • Dec 2005

you might want to consider monos, i posted a similar question last year regarding whether to use two delta stereos to bi-amp or the delta monos for my 800D and the majority response was to go with the monos, the argument as a i recall, was that the greater headroom is more valuabe in terms of driving the low frequency drivers than having a discreet channel for the high freq., ie. the low frequency is still compromised by not enough power

Comment

• sc2
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by wettou
                  Where did you buy your special cables for bridging?
                  Audioquest... be sure to check them prior to using them. You will also need a 8" jumper...
                  Steve

Comment

• sc2
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by worldys
                    you might want to consider monos, i posted a similar question last year regarding whether to use two delta stereos to bi-amp or the delta monos for my 800D and the majority response was to go with the monos, the argument as a i recall, was that the greater headroom is more valuabe in terms of driving the low frequency drivers than having a discreet channel for the high freq., ie. the low frequency is still compromised by not enough power
                    Yes, I too have to agree with that, but I am running out of room...
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"