X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildmda
    • Jan 2009

Rosenut vs Black Ash

Can someone tell me what has been better selling (Rosenut or Black Ash) and by how far? Wonder which is better for resale.

Thanks
  • audiofiel10
    • Nov 2009

I would choose the color I like most and worry about resale later

Comment

• emig5m
      • Aug 2008

Why worry about resale based on wood color? These damned things are made for SOUND reproduction! :lol: Looking around the forum it does look like rosenut edges out black ash in popularity but I honestly like both about the same... I could of went either way and been equally happy. :T And why only rosenut vs black ash? No love for cherry? :lol: Looking at used 800 series speakers on Audiogon a few months back it looks prices where the same for all colors so I don't think color matters for resale. The main things that dictated prices where two things 1) The condition of the speaker and with all original packing material and 2) How desperate the seller was to unload the speakers.

Comment

• wildmda
        • Jan 2009

Cherry looks very nice but doesnt fit my room colors.

I am always thinking upgrade down the road...cant help it :-)

Comment

• emig5m
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wildmda

I am always thinking upgrade down the road...cant help it :-)
          I'm a bad person to get resale information from. I practically give stuff away (always lower prices than anyone else), and in better more pristine condition too. I hate having stuff for sale for a long time and dealing with a million questions. Wanna get rid of it....I hit up all my personal friends first and if no one wants it (or actually they normally do want it but can't afford it), fast quick sale cheap get rid of it, heh. Whenever I try to get top dollar it normally sits around for six months and I have to deal with a million questions but no sale....so annoying and time consuming...heh. :rofl:

Comment

• Antus
            • Apr 2008

most people will take Rosenut without problem. black look nicer if you have a modern interior design. but i would take Rosenut. cause comparing to the new piano black glossy finish, the ash will look cheap in a way. (my personal opinion, no offense)

Comment

• tyreman
              • Dec 2009

I have a set of each.
              I never bother much about it though, one way or the other
              Just like the sound.

Comment

• Industrial
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Antus
                most people will take Rosenut without problem. black look nicer if you have a modern interior design. but i would take Rosenut. cause comparing to the new piano black glossy finish, the ash will look cheap in a way. (my personal opinion, no offense)
                This is all my opinion but I have a pretty modern looking "interior design" and the rosenut fits in very nicely. I find it gives the speakers an extra touch of class. I also have a set of black ash rear speakers but I did that so they would just blend into the background and not stand out.

Comment

• bnieman
                  • Jun 2006

My personal observation on Audiogon and eBay is colored wood stains have better resell value than black stain.

I will also note I personally I would not buy black...
                  Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

• Juzam
                    • Jan 2010

I'm seriously considering getting these:

Painted like my TV unit:

It's a complete custom made furniture designed by myself and painted by my carpenter, a pearlescent black lacquer finish using the color codes of my car

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"