X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brunsje
    • Jan 2009

HTM2D - How to Tilt?

I would appreciate descriptions of how you tilted your HTM Center Channel speakers?

There are no threaded female fittings embedded into the bottom of the speaker.

My thoughts are to search Home Depot or Lowes to find some sort of adjustable rubber bumpers.

Your experiences would be appreciated. Photos please if available.

Sincerely, JohnnyB
    Attached Files
  • timjclark
    • Apr 2009

I see you have the same Sanus video rack that I do. I added the 12" pillars to make enough room for me to fit my HTM4S in there. Did you make something custom to give you more shelf height to accommodate the HTM2D as I see in the specs that it is 13" tall. I went with the HTM4S as I did not come up with a reasonably inexpensive way to have enough room for a HTM3S.

As for angling, I would think to find larger self adhesive rubber feet for the front. That's what I am considering for mine. I look forward to hearing your solution too! Best of luck!
    -B&W: 803S, HTM4S, M-1
    -Proceed: CDD, PDP, PRE, AMP-2, AMP-3
    -Rotel: RSP-1069
    -Sony: PS3, KDF-E42A10

Office system:
    -Arcam DV-89, AVR100
    -B&W LM-1, AS-1

Comment

• brunsje
      • Jan 2009

If you look very closely at my photo, you will note that the poles next to the Center Channel are two extension poles screwed together to make a tall shelf space, allowing the HTM2D to fit.

I like your idea of rubber feet with adhesive on the bottom!!

Comment

• htsteve
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

brunsje,

I wanted just a little angling, so I took wine bottle corks and cut them lengthwise. this creates a flat 'bottom' to them. Them I simply put them under the front edge of my HTM2D.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• timjclark
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by brunsje
          If you look very closely at my photo, you will note that the poles next to the Center Channel are two extension poles screwed together to make a tall shelf space, allowing the HTM2D to fit.

I like your idea of rubber feet with adhesive on the bottom!!
          After I posted I looked at the photo again and thought that must have been what you did - as I could see an ever so slight glint of silver showing. So, you have a 16" space as a result.... interesting!

I have my 4s placed such that the tweeter is about 1.5" beyond the front of the shelf to give it some air. Have you done something similar?

And the cork is another idea! And a great excuse to drink a bottle of wine tonight - audio research!
          -B&W: 803S, HTM4S, M-1
          -Proceed: CDD, PDP, PRE, AMP-2, AMP-3
          -Rotel: RSP-1069
          -Sony: PS3, KDF-E42A10

Office system:
          -Arcam DV-89, AVR100
          -B&W LM-1, AS-1

Comment

• brunsje
            • Jan 2009

HTM2D position

My HTM2D sits over the edge of the shelf about an inch.

I like the wine cork ideas!!

My local shop mentioned to go to Home Depot (Office Supply Store) and get some rubber door wedges.

Cheers, JohnnyB

Comment

• speakerboy
              • Nov 2005

Buy a couple of rubber doorstops from Home Depot. That's what I used in the past before I using a B&W HTM stand.

Comment

• Relentless
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by brunsje
                I would appreciate descriptions of how you tilted your HTM Center Channel speakers?

There are no threaded female fittings embedded into the bottom of the speaker.
                My HTM2D came with female threaded fittings. Four screws fasten it to the FS-HTM
                I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
                Lou

Comment

• Hammie
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Relentless
                  My HTM2D came with female threaded fittings. Four screws fasten it to the FS-HTM
                  So did my HTM3S, but I don't use them.
                  Panasonic TC-P65VT30
                  Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
                  Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
                  Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
                  B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
                  Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
                  My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
                  Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• wuudogg
                    • Dec 2008

I've used rubber door wedges from Home Depot and my favorite spare rubber item to keep around for home theater equipment... the Hockey Puck !
                    The Hockey Puck has helped give a little extra airflow underneath amps and receivers as well as behind the rear of my HTM2d which is mounted above my television.

Did I mention that their amazing dampening effects at 1/1000th the price of some esoteric solutions.

They are about $2.00 US

Comment

• Relentless
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by wuudogg
                      ... the Hockey Puck !
                      That is one of the best ideas I have read in a while. Thanks for that :T
                      I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
                      Lou

Comment

• wuudogg
                        • Dec 2008

Yeah. I was grateful when somebody shared this one with me. I went out and bought a bag full of black pucks for about $10.00

They fit perfectly underneath the feet of Receivers and Amps. Stack a few two high on a shelf and they can help you slide a 85lb amplifier into position in a cabinet.

I used a few to prop up a McInstosh amp. It helped airflow and helped me see the shiny blue lights better. I even put some under cable box dvr to help keep it cooler.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"