X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relentless
    • Jul 2007

HTM1D..what is the max height

HTM1D..what is the max height from the floor it can be with the spikes all the way extended?

Mine should be here by the middle of the week and I am wondering if I will have to build a base for it to get the top of the tweeter to around 26".

I am excited about getting the new speaker and amps.:B :B :B

You have this great system for so long you get accustomed to it and it takes listening to a lessor system or something new to spark up that excitement you had while building your dream.
    I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
    Lou
  • ninja12
    • Mar 2007

Congrats on your new purchase. I just upgraded from the HTM2D to the HTM1D and I am completely loving it. The HTM2D matched pretty good with my 802Ds; but, the HTM1D is definitely the true match for the 802Ds. I did notice a slight timbre unbalance with the HTM2D when sound would pan across the speakers. Now, with the HTM1D, that timbre unbalance is gone.

Anyway, to answer your question. Without the feet on the HTM1D, the height, from bottom to tweeter, is 23". So, I'm sure with the feet fully extended that you will probably be over 26".

One bit of advice that I was given by B&W. Put the HTM1D on a platform to get it off of the floor. Doing so will prevent the midrange from becoming muddy. So, I have my HTM1D sitting on a platform that's about at least 3" off of the floor, and I also installed the spikes with the rubber side sitting on the platform.

BTW, it's extremely heavy. 205lbs without packing. 215lbs packaged in the box.

I hope I have helped and enjoy your new toy. :T

Comment

• Oddiophile
      • Jul 2008

I actually built a riser and then used a GreatGramma isolation platform on top of that (the platform will hold up to 300 pounds. On the recommendation of my dealer, I am actually thinking of building another riser that would be about 4 inches high as I have about that much clearance to the TV. It is recommended that you get the HTM1D as high off the ground as possible so that the tweeter would be as close as possible in height to ear height.

Jim

Comment

• Relentless
        • Jul 2007

Thanks guys,

26" is where the display starts so I can not go any higher than that. If the spikes can get me there and I am going strait into the wood under the carpet with them I would think that would decouple the enclosure from the floor enough. Are you guys saying that B&W still recommends building a platform?
        Lou

Comment

• Skyblue
          • Jun 2009

If this monster matches the 802D, what in heavens name do you need for center with a couple of 800Ds?
          B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• JargonGR
            • Feb 2009

Actually it is for the 800Ds as well since driver wise it has one extra woofer than each of the 802Ds. So 3X 8" woofers compared to 2X8" woofers each 802D has.

Comment

• William
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Relentless
              HTM1D..what is the max height from the floor it can be with the spikes all the way extended?...
              Just measured and mine is about 25.5" to top of tweeter with front spikes (about) all the way extended.

Comment

• William
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Skyblue
                If this monster matches the 802D, what in heavens name do you need for center with a couple of 800Ds?
                The only way to match your mains is to use the exact same speaker as the center. The HTM1D is a close timbre match to the 800D, 801D and 802D. Many people buy detected center type speakers (which are inferior because of comb filtering and woofer/tweeter height) when they could use the same speaker as the mains. I wish I could use a 802D as my center however it's not practical (or possible) for me.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by William
                  Just measured and mine is about 25.5" to top of tweeter with front spikes (about) all the way extended.
                  :T
                  ;x( ;x( ;x(
                  B&W

Comment

• Relentless
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by William
                    Thanks, that is just what I wanted to hear. The dealer called and said he has my speaker. The problem is that he is 45 miles away and work is not going to give me the time needed to get help and pick it up right away :M
                    Lou

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Relentless
                      Thanks, that is just what I wanted to hear. The dealer called and said he has my speaker. The problem is that he is 45 miles away and work is not going to give me the time needed to get help and pick it up right away :M
                      I will drive 6 hrs to pick it up for you
                      B&W

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"