Pictures of New Speakers. Check them out.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • intelonetwo
    • Jan 2003

Pictures of New Speakers. Check them out.

Hello All,
    I would like to present the TailWind speaker to you. It is my 3-way DIY design which some of you here have so gracefully helped me out with. I do want to thank those who offered advice.

The Wind module (MTM) is a sealed enclosure which features Peerless 6.5" drivers in a MTM configuration mounted to a stepped (2nd) baffle similar to Wilson Audio Cub's. The tweeter is a Vifa PL-27 xo'ed at 1950 hz and is mounted to the 1st. front baffle. The passive crossovers are mounted in separate enclosures which sit on the rump (if you will) of the Tail module.

The Tail module (bass) is dual Peerless 8" drivers in a vented enclosure on a stepped (2nd) baffle which yeilds approx. 3 cu.ft. The Tail module also features an A/D/S subwoofer amplifier with numerous integration functions. These units are connected to my Yamaha RX-V1 via the left, right stereo subwoofer outputs.

Hope you like them. Thanks to everyone who helped out. An enourmous center channel will be the next project, but not before I break these in.

Just click the link below then click, My Photo's to see the pictures.

MI-II-CENTS
    • Aug 2000

Sounds cool...too bad all I see are red x's

Pat's Page
    Pat's Page

Comment

• intelonetwo
      • Jan 2003

Fixed.

MI-II-CENTS

Comment

• sfdoddsy
        • Sep 2000

They look very impressive. Are you happy with the sound and did you get the EQ working.

Steve

Steve's DIY Dipoles
        Steve's OB Journey

Comment

• intelonetwo
          • Jan 2003

I have only been able to hear the Tail module's sound. I did end up using the A/D/S subwoofer amplifer to drive each module, which are hooked up through the RX-V1 Left & Right Subwoofer ouputs. It does chuff at higher volumes and lower frequecies, such as the Matrix explosion scene where the helicopter crashes into the building. Major chuffing. I believe the feedback destroyer, dynamic eq, limiter will help solve this problem. I will be working on this today as a matter of fact.

Now that the Preout/Main In's on the RX-V1 are free and since the UC only has 1 set of outputs, how do I use it to Auto Room Eq and other functions with the Wind module (passive crossovers will be in next week, presently substituting a set of MTM I had laying around.)? Is it possible using Y cables to split the signal coming out and going into the UC? Like below?

One pair out of the RX-V1 sub out l & r into UC via y cable, One pair out of the RX-V1 Preout into UC via Y cable.

One pair out of UC via Y cable into A/D/S subwoofer amplifier, One pair out of UC via Y cable into Main In of RX-V1.

MI-II-CENTS

Comment

• sfdoddsy
            • Sep 2000

I don't think it is a good idea to split a signal going in, although you can coming out. I guess you could try going Main signal out - UC- split to the different modules.

Or just do the bass because that's where the worst problesm will be.

Cheers

Steve

Steve's DIY Dipoles
            Steve's OB Journey

Comment

• intelonetwo
              • Jan 2003

I ended up being able to use the UC to drive both the Tail and Wind modules. Now the entire frequency range is UC'ed.

I went receiver pre out--> UC --> Sub Amp --> receiver main in.

MI-II-CENTS

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"