X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

Why are people like that?

So im searchin on Audiogon and I come across a pair of B&W 803S speakers for sale. I click on the ad and immediately see by the pictures that they are Nautilus 803s (older series). I email the guy suggesting he might want to update his ad (in a nice tone). I get the most insulting email back from this person how I don't know what im talking about and that im the idiot because he works for a B&W dealer. WOW! Sorry man just trying to help ya out. Its pretty obvious by his pictures that they are Nautilus series since the tweeter on top is indented into the cabinet and the tweeter is not flush with the front of the speaker. I point these out to him but its obviously a hopeless cause. So anyone looking at 803S's I advise you to be extra careful because there are some slimy sellers out there!
    dan87951
    audio guru
  • audiofiel10
    • Nov 2009

What an *ss. Thanks for letting us know. Let's hope nobody will be buying these thinking they're 803s.

Comment

• boarder1995
      • Sep 2009

I see people commonly calling their Nautilus speakers as 803's but without the apostraphe, however your instance is a bit different sounding. I always ask if the units listed are the "S" line or the Nautilus line, but if someone is being misleading, not much else to do. Ask for a rear label photo I guess.

Comment

• dknightd
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by dan87951
        I get the most insulting email back from this person how I don't know what im talking about and that im the idiot because he works for a B&W dealer.
        Not all b&w dealers are nice.

Comment

• 1oldguy
          • Dec 2008

Sad state of affairs.I'm sure he will luck on the someone who doesn't stop to notice what he's trying to pull. :M
          A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• timjclark
            • Apr 2009

I've seen listings on eBay like that too. In the title it said B&W 804s and then in the description it Nautilus 804s that sell for $4500. There are always people out there trying to make a buck by misrepresenting the truth, we just need to be smart enough to know the difference.

Dan - that was a nice attempt to correct that seller on Audiogon, but I'm not surprised with the outcome.
            -B&W: 803S, HTM4S, M-1
            -Proceed: CDD, PDP, PRE, AMP-2, AMP-3
            -Rotel: RSP-1069
            -Sony: PS3, KDF-E42A10

Office system:
            -Arcam DV-89, AVR100
            -B&W LM-1, AS-1

Comment

• dan87951
              • Nov 2005

I guess im to nice of a guy and if I received a email like that I would have said thanks. I tried.. LOL just be careful out there.
              dan87951
              audio guru

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"